What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

DaveMc

Juniors
The article above implies we are one of the clubs paying significantly for players that are now at other clubs ? I can’t think of anyone we’ve let go early in the last fews years ?
I think it’s saying that to move on players like Sivo and Matterson would require the club to carry some of their freight due to them taking up their options. And that the club somehow has come to the realisation that offering player options isn’t the best way to manage a roster.

Which is weird, because someone here has said there’s no downside to player options from the club’s perspective.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
I think it’s saying that to move on players like Sivo and Matterson would require the club to carry some of their freight due to them taking up their options. And that the club somehow has come to the realisation that offering player options isn’t the best way to manage a roster.

Which is weird, because someone here has said there’s no downside to player options from the club’s perspective.
No the article specifically mentions existing arrangements

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
This bit …

According to an NRL benchmarking document disseminated to all clubs, the bottom four teams spent an average of $1.243 million each in “freight”, the amount paid to a rival to get them off the books. That contrasts with the $479,000 that a top-four team paid on average to shift an unwanted player.

We are obviously one of the bottom 4 clubs but it doesn’t refer to a specific time frame so who knows

DaveMc

Juniors
No the article specifically mentions existing arrangements
Ah yes, I see. Hmmm, I can’t think of anyone at the moment who the club would be paying for at another club. It does suggest it’s an average number across the bottom four, and doesn’t specify the timeframe of the analysis, so hard to pinpoint how applicable it would be to Parramatta. Though I would think we’re in for much more of paying freight if there’s going to be a roster cleanout, particularly for our player option recipients who might be on the chopping block.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wade Egan is the most inconsistent hooker in the competition one week he is the best player in the league the next he makes Joey Lussick look like Cameron Smith..

Probably good he plays for the most inconsistent club as well...
The form of his team is why he is inconsistent. Every hooker in the game is heavily dependent on his pack, on both sides of the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well for starters he has moved his son on from the club he created a rails run pathway for the second he was rightfully punted. In saying that, I’m glad he did it but it shows the lack of class from the merkin.
His son didn’t want to be here, same as his other son. It’s understandable. The fans shat on two of his closest relatives.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I'm sure Boods release would have been decided by Ryles. Obviously he dosent rate him or he dosent want a player who is still maturing.
I guess its a sign of the times but I can't see any universe where as a young apprentice, I would be agitating for a release from my Company's Management. He will probably go the way of Jake.
Jake has a top 30 contract at another club where he is first choice backup.

Latest posts