What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Soto

Bench
Last time Arthur was available he was picked over Humphreys. The latter is one of those unskilled, lightweight little merkins who are dangerous running the ball when their team is dominant. Like Jai Field. Humphreys could turn into a decent utility, but so far he has been behind Arthur in the pecking order, despite being eight months older than him.
If Siebold wasn't the coach (dads mate) would manly have picked him up??? Somehow I think not..I was an advocate of his but quickly realised he's slower than a wet week, very orchestrated kicking game and like watching the game in slo mo with him passing, kicking and running.
I think we stop with the Arthurs...they have set the club backwards 3 years...enough..
They should be banned from further discussion as they have become nauseating...a bad dream for 11 years with a glimmer of hope with a lucky GF appearance in 2022...and a few semi years but overall 3.5/10 during the 11 yr tenure

Soto

Bench
I'm in a bit of a rut too mate.

I like the idea of change and new beginnings, but FFS it should coincide with our once in a decade juniors being part of it. Not only do we have an aging roster with long deals, but the 1, 6/7 and 9 that we have all been so excited about will or are likely to play for other clubs next year.

Our fall from grace in just 18 months from GF is catastrophic.

Don't @ me merkins with your political BS. Just join me in a wake at the LU bar.
Is that bar 7 mins drive from the Kellyville training fields? A shameless bar

lucablight

First Grade
You think the subtext was that it won’t happen any more? He said in future they might limit the number that occur in the same year. But they are only a problem if you want to get rid of merkins and they have a PO. The solution is don’t sign merkins you don’t want at the club, whether they have a PO or not.

The alternative to player options is paying them more up front. Whether that’s something we can always do depends on our room to move under the cap.
I never said they won’t do them anymore. I said they don’t want to do them anymore. It doesn’t really change the argument. It’s a concession that they’re not ideal which was always the point of contention. The reason I’m bringing it up is because you didn’t have an issue with them before but now the club CEO has come out and said they should be limited. I was curious as to whether you’ve changed or position or still maintain your previous one.

Soto

Bench
BA is less articulate than a drunk wharfie having a long weekend bender.

Towards the end I couldn’t listen to his pressers anymore and when I heard how he rubbished the club openly to a podcaster at a game it was the final straw for me. Any empathy that I may have had for him disintegrated quicker than our premiership credentials.
A client of mine saw him at the airport about 3 sat ago 530 in the morning in shorts and thongs...said to me couldn't wait to tell you as he knew I would be impressed..I said he was probably readying himself for the UK...
But I knew who would be more impressed than me and that goes to @Avenger

Avenger

Immortal
A client of mine saw him at the airport about 3 sat ago 530 in the morning in shorts and thongs...said to me couldn't wait to tell you as he knew I would be impressed..I said he was probably readying himself for the UK...
But I knew who would be more impressed than me and that goes to @Avenger
Don’t forget on national television during his biggest achievement in getting us to the GF in 2022 he decided to be interviewed with shorts and barefoot.

All he needed was a pack of Winnie blues tucked under his t-shirt at the shoulder and he was set to be an extra on ‘Two Hands’

IMG_0026.jpeg

‘Shotties are good mate’

Gherkin

Juniors
Tooheys News suggesting Matt Arthur might be a swap for Brailey.
Has gone backwards at the knights and had injury problems. But better than what we have. If he can stay injury free might be ok to fill a gap while some juniors develop.
Seems like we put all our eggs in the MA basket. Not much on the market at 9 at the moment.

Soto

Bench
Has gone backwards at the knights and had injury problems. But better than what we have. If he can stay injury free might be ok to fill a gap while some juniors develop.
Seems like we put all our eggs in the MA basket. Not much on the market at 9 at the moment.
No to Brailey...a faster Lussick..no no no actually fk no

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Might be worth a watch for those that like watching the early parts of the Brian Smith era.

I watched the 23 min highlights.

Parra won this game 20-16 against a rep quality Brisbane side.
I was there, and got very drunk. It was glorious.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
so, a hypothetical

Ryles negotiate with Angus Crighton to play for Eels for 4 years with a PO for the 5th

Will Sarantinos not sign off on it as we don't do POs anymore ?
Apparently Sarantinos will never do them again even though he was happy to sign off on them in the past. He must think future player options are the reason we’re going shit this year.

King-Gutho94

Coach

FORMER EELS SKIPPER CALLS OUT CLUB'S “PUZZLING” ROSTER DECISIONS​

Former Parramatta Eels captain Tim Mannah has called out his former club for their roster management in recent years, saying management has been “walked over” by player agents.

Mannah, who played 233 games for the Eels including the 2009 Grand Final, spoke as new coach Jason Ryles steps in to try and rescue the former powerhouse club.

Mannah pointed out star hooker Reed Mahoney leaving for the Bulldogs as one of the more puzzling decisions the Eels have made in recent times.

“I think that’s been the achilles heel of our club for the past decade, our roster, our signings,” he said on SEN’s The Captain’s Run with Denan Kemp.

“Even if you go back as far as 2014/15 when Brad Arthur first started, we panicked a bit to get out of a hole and we signed some marquee players on big money, a couple towards the end of their careers, we were just always looking for easy, quick fixes.

“Then the issue with the salary cap happened, we got a bit smarter with how we would recruit but then somewhere along the line the last five or six years, we’ve made some really puzzling calls.

“You mentioned Reed Mahoney, and I’m a huge advocate of Reed, I think he’s a great player, I couldn’t believe they let him go and how easy they let him go like it wouldn’t have been hard to keep him but they didn’t even try.”

Mannah believes player agents have taken advantage of the decision-makers at Parramatta, especially with the amount of player options key players, such as five-eighth Dylan Brown, have in their current contracts.

“Unfortunately they’ve been outsmarted by agents a lot in the last five or six years like agents have pretty much walked over the way we do our negotiations and it puts you on the back foot,” he said.

“They do need to get better at the way they handle their roster.”

The Eels host the Melbourne Storm on Friday night.

gaffer

Juniors

FORMER EELS SKIPPER CALLS OUT CLUB'S “PUZZLING” ROSTER DECISIONS​

Former Parramatta Eels captain Tim Mannah has called out his former club for their roster management in recent years, saying management has been “walked over” by player agents.

Mannah, who played 233 games for the Eels including the 2009 Grand Final, spoke as new coach Jason Ryles steps in to try and rescue the former powerhouse club.

Mannah pointed out star hooker Reed Mahoney leaving for the Bulldogs as one of the more puzzling decisions the Eels have made in recent times.

“I think that’s been the achilles heel of our club for the past decade, our roster, our signings,” he said on SEN’s The Captain’s Run with Denan Kemp.

“Even if you go back as far as 2014/15 when Brad Arthur first started, we panicked a bit to get out of a hole and we signed some marquee players on big money, a couple towards the end of their careers, we were just always looking for easy, quick fixes.

“Then the issue with the salary cap happened, we got a bit smarter with how we would recruit but then somewhere along the line the last five or six years, we’ve made some really puzzling calls.

“You mentioned Reed Mahoney, and I’m a huge advocate of Reed, I think he’s a great player, I couldn’t believe they let him go and how easy they let him go like it wouldn’t have been hard to keep him but they didn’t even try.”

Mannah believes player agents have taken advantage of the decision-makers at Parramatta, especially with the amount of player options key players, such as five-eighth Dylan Brown, have in their current contracts.

“Unfortunately they’ve been outsmarted by agents a lot in the last five or six years like agents have pretty much walked over the way we do our negotiations and it puts you on the back foot,” he said.

“They do need to get better at the way they handle their roster.”

The Eels host the Melbourne Storm on Friday night.

for the last5 or 6 years . could that be the Tigers life members doing ?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

make up your mind Tim

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently Sarantinos will never do them again even though he was happy to sign off on them in the past. He must think future player options are the reason we’re going shit this year.

no, that's not what he said, he said " moving away from POs", hence why I put the hypothetical of a classy player reaching the end of his career wanting a PO

I don't think you can ever say a flat out no to any player options because it will depend on so many other possible terms written into the agreement and who the player is

Latest posts