What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

EelEtric

Juniors
Ok, so as many of suggested, Ryles needs a new team around him to get us to where we need to be. So if I think about this in terms of forum members, I’m thinking the following…
Chairman - Twizzle obviously
HOF - has to be Stagger Eel
R&R committee - Delboy and Avenger, with Avenger threatening with his Shit list
Half time rev up man - Hineyrulz to tell the players the truth
Head of Sponsorship - MJC
Digital Director- has to be Gronk
Motivational guru - Parraboy
Interesting savant guy who just knows shit - Hindy111
Our mental health guru - Elementary
And of course management consultant who no one listens to - The Pou.
Thoughts???
EDIT - almost forgot
head of festivities - HappymEEL
board member to keep everyone in line - Suity
Club Fact Checker - The Phantom Menance

Suitman

Post Whore
Sure but again was he the only problem ?

I don't think anyone has suggested that he was, but he sure was a large part of it.
We've had a pretty decent squad the past few years, yet our lack of attention to detail, style of play and lack of intensity has seen us fall from Grand Finalists to wooden spoon contenders in less than 2 years.
The coaching staff have to take a lot of the blame for that fall in grace and performance.
Thank goodness he is gone. He was given more than enough chances of which, of course, others are to blame.

I don't think anyone has suggested that he was, but he sure was a large part of it.
We've had a pretty decent squad the past few years, yet our lack of attention to detail, style of play and lack of intensity has seen us fall from Grand Finalists to wooden spoon contenders in less than 2 years.
The coaching staff have to take a lot of the blame for that fall in grace and performance.
Thank goodness he is gone. He was given more than enough chances of which, of course, others are to blame.
Sure
All I am saying is that performances might not improve until squad and contract management do

Suitman

Post Whore
Sure
All I am saying is that performances might not improve until squad and contract management do

I agree.
Which is why I'm happy that Arthur is gone and a new coach has come in who can possibly see through ALL our problems and wants to take control of more than just coaching and living 7 km's away from our training centre.
(My last comment is tongue in cheek.)

I agree.
Which is why I'm happy that Arthur is gone and a new coach has come in who can possibly see through ALL our problems and wants to take control of more than just coaching and living 7 km's away from our training centre.
(My last comment is tongue in cheek.)

yes seeing through the issues would be good

getting them to the CEO and board without involving MON

that’s the bigger challenge

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What indication is there that they’re in any kind of window? They’ve been up for a long time now (like us) and their players are getting old like ours.
They haven’t been up for a long time at all. This will be their second straight year out of the finals and third straight out of the top six. They also have two of their big name oldies (Cook and Burgess) off the books as soon as next year.

Suitman

Post Whore
yes seeing through the issues would be good

getting them to the CEO and board without involving MON

that’s the bigger challenge
I agree obviously.
My slight issue is that these claims are all heresy, innuendo and rumours. The best thing is that there has been no leaks or inside info from our inner sanctum heading to the press regarding the backroom staff or indeed themselves.
I don't want to go all Pou here but that is good.
Sure, the media can bullshit all they like and invent as much speculation as they can invent to sell clicks. That's what they're good at.
In the end, none of us know what is going on behind the scenes. Even the most learned posters here will only ever get one side of the story from their insiders.
I'd like to think that as most of us are long, long term supporters, we can see through what is going on and after decades of this shite, can see through some of these issues as well or better than anyone sprouting shit and unsubstantiated rumours that are portrayed in the media.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
In the future, Parramatta is expected to move towards “vanilla” contracts to ensure players don’t have the whip hand.
“You always need to be able to manage your roster to maintain your ability to make decisions and not be paralysed,” said Eels chief executive Jim Sarantinos.

“We always need to make sure we have a very strong focus on that. If that means, in the future, limiting the number of player options - particularly the number of player options that come up at the same time - then that’s what we will do.”

Before anyone says the club didn’t say they don’t want to do player options anymore let’s examine the subtext and not play semantics.
You think the subtext was that it won’t happen any more? He said in future they might limit the number that occur in the same year. But they are only a problem if you want to get rid of merkins and they have a PO. The solution is don’t sign merkins you don’t want at the club, whether they have a PO or not.

The alternative to player options is paying them more up front. Whether that’s something we can always do depends on our room to move under the cap.

jason taylor

Bench
Iro has inked a two year extension at the Sharks. I thought we were getting him? Must have changed his mind when we got rid of his dad Hannay?

He was never going to leave the Sharks after finally cementing his spot in first grade. Best chance would have been to have tried to get him last off season when Talakai was still ahead of him.