What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
probably because whether you like it or not, Matt Arthur was potentially a better option long term? .....you know sometimes it's not all about nEpoTism? ...also none of us whinged about Joey Lussicks signing until he fell off a cliff.

#hindsight
Ummm really, quite a few were critical of Lussick’s signing. A journeyman benchy from England. Matt Arthur potentially a better option than Verrills??? Not in 2024 or 2025?? And I doubt even by 2026. We need a first grade hooking option now Hands is no more than a decent back up.

King-Gutho94

Coach
@Poupou Escobar is like the Vietcong lost in the jungle fighting a war that’s already over.

Come in son the war is over it’s time for us all to get on board with the Ryles era.

You backed a dumb, bald slow horse that has just been taken to the glue factory. We have a sleek new thoroughbred with plenty of hair. Come aboard my man!!
Pou likes his personal space with no one around him like his own private island.

JokerEel

Coach
probably because whether you like it or not, Matt Arthur was potentially a better option long term? .....you know sometimes it's not all about nEpoTism? ...also none of us whinged about Joey Lussicks signing until he fell off a cliff.

#hindsight

Lussick was a knee jerk reaction when the old hooker Hodgson got injured I was never a fan of him coming back..

We have let some decent players leave recently one being Ray Stone! Bring Stone home!!!!!

JokerEel

Coach
Ummm really, quite a few were critical of Lussick’s signing. A journeyman benchy from England. Matt Arthur potentially a better option than Verrills??? Not in 2024 or 2025?? And I doubt even by 2026. We need a first grade hooking option now Hands is no more than a decent back up.

You think the money they wasted on Lussick and also Hodgson they could have kept Mahoney and then had Hands as a backup....

Verrils though is crapola in my opinion..

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I know what you mean but the statement while an overstatement is also probably (sadly) accurate. Even if they ultimately aren’t to standard, we haven’t developed a decent sized group of youngsters of this level of whatever potential they have in 20 years IMO
If winning SG Ball is a proxy for having a strong crop of juniors at that age group, we also had a strong crop six years ago. However the only players to play first grade were Dunster, Parry, Drown and Doorey. Our opponents that day actually had more future first graders. We likely won that comp because we had a true generational talent in Dylan Brown. Four guys played NRL within the next 7 years. We’ve already had four from last year’s SG Ball team play NRL.

Noise

Coach

#hindsight
I f**king wrote off the Lussick signing. Said he was a reserve grader. An esteemed poster argued he was a first grader lol

He was signed cause he’s guthos brother in law. But not nepotism

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I f**king wrote off the Lussick signing. Said he was a reserve grader. An esteemed poster argued he was a first grader lol

He was signed cause he’s guthos brother in law. But not nepotism
I never thought he was a first grader. It’s why he’s played so little first grade. But he’s a quality backup and was the best available with Hodgson retiring early.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lack of competition in the squad and an overall comfort most likely added to our downfall. Hopefully under Ryles players will need to be at there best to keep their spots.
The zero sum nature of the salary cap means the more you spend at the top of your roster, the less you have to spend in the middle.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I never said they won’t do them anymore. I said they don’t want to do them anymore. It doesn’t really change the argument. It’s a concession that they’re not ideal which was always the point of contention. The reason I’m bringing it up is because you didn’t have an issue with them before but now the club CEO has come out and said they should be limited. I was curious as to whether you’ve changed or position or still maintain your previous one.
What he says to the media and what he does are two different things. Don’t you know that by now? He signed off on the player options. He knows how they work.

Avenger

Immortal
Even Tim Mannah , normally a club cheerleader, stressed that the past 5/6 years decisions in recruitment have been poor particularly on contracts and players. Appointments have consequences.
I respect Mannah, post football. He was brutally dropped and never got a farewell game with BA but I cannot recall him carrying on about it. Just vent in private like a normal person.

Latest posts