What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Didn't happen really. But 60's did call out merkins who suddenly are saying that the juniors we are losing are garbage anyway.

Facts are that those three (Sanders, Arthur and Blaize) should be moving up in 2025 and another crop in 2026. The good ones make a mark and the ones that don't end up super good get overtaken by a better kid. That's how it works at Penrith. We lose those 3 and we miss a year. All that effort put into the 2023 Matts , then 2024 S G Ball is mostly down the drain. Yes there are others in that team, but it's such a shame IMHO.

If Sanders had stayed where would he be playing in 2025?

Wally21

Bench
If Sanders had stayed where would he be playing in 2025?
It doesn’t matter now Noise, but I would have liked to see Sanders playing left side, Mitch playing right side, Drown at fullback and Gutho at 13.
as I said it doesn’t matter, but I wouldn’t have minded seeing that experiment.
Perhaps that could still happen with another playmaker like Harris Tevita if we got him for a fair price.
Maybe if the rumours are true and Drown goes to Warriors, I would replace him with Harris Tevita anyway, I reckon while he doesn’t have that moment of brilliance I. Him like Dyl does, overall he’s about the same level at what I imagine is around $400K per year cheaper

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Which means you aren’t. You are a devils advocate forum bot or version 3 of chatgpt.
I’m just a fan. I was a true fan back in the day but then I realised there is nobody who is both willing and able to improve our club. Blaming these merkins is like blaming your wife when she can’t get any hot chicks to come around for a threesome. @the phantom menace

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Didn't happen really. But 60's did call out merkins who suddenly are saying that the juniors we are losing are garbage anyway.

Facts are that those three (Sanders, Arthur and Blaize) should be moving up in 2025 and another crop in 2026. The good ones make a mark and the ones that don't end up super good get overtaken by a better kid. That's how it works at Penrith. We lose those 3 and we miss a year. All that effort put into the 2023 Matts , then 2024 S G Ball is mostly down the drain. Yes there are others in that team, but it's such a shame IMHO.

We could keep any of them if we wanted to pay too much. We might keep Talagi for this reason.

Soto

Bench
The best hooker in the history of the game was slow.

All he did was conditioning training ffs. He wasn’t in opposed sessions.

Second string but injured. Also contracted for 2025.

He was running laps ffs. Kids can do that anywhere.
In a professional environment they shouldn't have been allowed. It's not bring your kids to work day FFS.
Management should've been awake to that. Imagine there was a serious injury to one of them because they shouldn't have been anywhere near the 1st graders training.
Thick as 2 fkn planks

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Don’t you mean…. baaaaaaaald jokes
Angry Batman Returns GIF by HBO Max

oldmancraigy

Coach

Also Lane played like the 2nd coming of Paul Sironen that year.

I'm sure it also didn't hurt that Papalii was the turd that had been polished up beautifully, and 16 of our top 30 played 20+ games. It was a total gift of a year on the injury front, and the draw did us a few favours too (including opposition players out).

To be fair, I truly do think luck was our strongest ally in 2022.
We came back looking disinterested in the early parts of 2023, and the fitness was goooorne in 2024

(Brad is a solid coach, and it was the scenario of just about everything going right for us in 2022. It possibly broke him? He fell off a cliff and all his fresh ideas were crud).

84 Baby

Referee
Then why were we good in 2022? Coaching?
We created a team and culture designed to be good over that period. But that team and culture wasn’t capable of dealing with after effect of getting to that “success”. I think BA actually had them overachieving in those 3 years but it was stealing from the future and it showed that he couldn’t adapt quick enough once they fell short.