What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Talagi decision to leave is yet another step down the road to a return to the bad old days IMO. It's not so much the calibre of player in this case as I'm not convinced Blaize is going to turn out to be the world beater many think, but it's the trend it represents. As I've said previously, there's a couple of posters here that have thumbed their nose and mocked the likes of the Dogs and the Tigers in recent years and put our club on a pedestal. Called us a "Destination Club" - lol, get f**ked. Well it's time to pay the piper. The Dogs have turned the corner, and the Tigers have attracted some decent stock for next year, we'll see what happens with them. Meanwhile, it's our turn to be the laughing stock and of the comp (again)...

And just back on Blaize - as stated above, I'm not sure if he's destined for great heights but if the rumours are true and he has signed to play 6 for the Panthers, then obviously better judges than I can see there is untapped potential there... I do not blame the kid at all for walking. He has been thrown around the backline at Parra like a Mr Fix it and unfairly thrust in to positions he's not comfortable playing. The Panthers likely came to him and said "We see you as a 6 and will play you there. You want in?". No wonder he jumped at the chance....

Tbh, they could have told him he'd play prop, and he'd have signed there.

He's much more likely to win a Premiership at Penrith over the next 3 years, than at Parramatta.

TheCrowe

Juniors
Yes I totally agree. But it is a little weird that he doesn't seem to be signed up at present which I hope is true. It would allow a smart club to get under their nose and sign him up without to much fuss. Oh wait..
Im pretty sure I read he will be top30 next year. Knights have big wrap on him. 6'5 and 106kgs at 18 years old.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Do you actually believe that Arthur had nothing to do with recruitment? Honestly?
How much involvement would he need to have before you could say it’s his fault? And if he is responsible for the current squad (which presumably is shit) then was he also responsible for the 2022 squad that was presumably awesome but held back by his coaching?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah I saw that.
The next 3 off seasons we are going to have massive contracts tied up in player options.

I am just failing to see any benefit to the club. Pou can you explain it to me again??
Well there must be a benefit to clubs to agree to player options or the likes of the Storm wouldn’t also have them. They are something the club gives to the player in lieu of something else they normally provide. That something else is an amount of cash that would otherwise inflate the player’s contract, particularly under the salary cap.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The article is from Buzz who just reported it. The article states, Charlie was happy with his meeting with Ryles and reports he has a development contract for next year and $140k contract for 2026. Then goes on with a statement from Field (his manager), eels need to convince him to stay...

Smells like manager f**ked up the contract negotiations and wants a better deal....so piss off...

TheCrowe

Juniors
The article is from Buzz who just reported it. The article states, Charlie was happy with his meeting with Ryles and reports he has a development contract for next year and $140k contract for 2026. Then goes on with a statement from Field (his manager), eels need to convince him to stay...

Smells like manager f**ked up the contract negotiations and wants a better deal....so piss off...
Sounds like his managers is trying to screw us over.

Latest posts