What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
Will the last player left at Parra turn out the lights??? Great culture built here by that bald plodding simpleton. Selfish merkins who couldn't give a shit about the club.

It will by JR's biggest problem, doing something about the selfish and lazy culture fostered by Bea.
Looks like BA ensured any young gun junior coming through had to be close to Boods which gave him an advantage on two fronts.

They would stay under him.

And if he got punted he had brainwashed them enough they would want out.

Fancy a young kid saying Brad arthur sold him a vision and now wants out because he is gone

What Jason Ryles can't sell him a vision of the future either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As if Papenhuyzen will come here.

Storm will find a way to keep them all

The fact Bullflog Ritchie said Papenhuyzen is the target makes it a Trillion to one in my eyes of actually happening.

Just as To'o is coming here
Papenhuyzen is more likely than To’o. With his injury history Papenhuyzen won’t cost too much. And the Storm have lost heaps of players over the years, including a couple who went on to play Origin. In the case of Papenhuyzen they have a ready made replacement they need to fit into the team.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Field reckons 6 clubs contacted him the week he made his debut. How is that allowed when he had 2.5 years left on his deal.
I suspect the club may put in a formal complaint once things settle down.

They did with Dylan Brown back in 2018 when the warriors approached his management.

Buzz is just jumping on the news cycle atm

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How do you equate someone talking in the media about being grateful for his time that he spent at the eels and then going quietly without shit talking anyone for sacking him with “his actions since do not suggest a man who gives a f**k”
It starts with believing everything you hear from rugby league journos and petty little men gossiping at junior footy on Saturday mornings.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Looks like BA ensured any young gun junior coming through had to be close to Boods which gave him an advantage on two fronts.

They would stay under him.

And if he got punted he had brainwashed them enough they would want out.

Fancy a young kid saying Brad arthur sold him a vision and now wants out because he is gone

What Jason Ryles can't sell him a vision of the future either.
What was the vision??? Poop smeared on a wall???

Avenger

Immortal
So let me get this straight, Guymer wants out for more money because he made one decent appearance on debut with a few hit ups with an angry face.

f**k me, these players need to be disciplined.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That article is years old so I didn't need to read it today.

Arthur and O'Neills differences in opinion were all about find a marquee player we could afford. Not getting journeymen from the scrap heap because O'Neill put his foot down.

If you think the Head Coach just gets given a bunch of players to coach then I kindly suggest you do some more research. This isn't under 6's we are talking about.
On the other hand, coaches don’t just get to pick whatever squad they want like in NRL Fantasy. There’s a multitude of factors that determine how close the squad gets to what the coach wants, and a major factor is the state of the player market, which is completely out of the coach’s hands.

Avenger

Immortal
Papenhuyzen is more likely than To’o. With his injury history Papenhuyzen won’t cost too much. And the Storm have lost heaps of players over the years, including a couple who went on to play Origin. In the case of Papenhuyzen they have a ready made replacement they need to fit into the team.
Tell me the price, son?

yy_cheng

Coach
I suspect the club may put in a formal complaint once things settle down.

They did with Dylan Brown back in 2018 when the warriors approached his management.

Buzz is just jumping on the news cycle atm
I thought Clubs could approach/enquire, just couldn't make a formal offer.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So let me get this straight, Guymer wants out for more money because he made one decent appearance on debut with a few hit ups with an angry face.

f**k me, these players need to be disciplined.
Great culture built by Baldie, talking about poisoning the well when leaving.

He bled blue and gold apparently, i think he's the biggest fraud in the history of the club.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I am sure if we give him a 5 year contract with player options in years 2,3,4 his price will come down and we can get him on the cheap.

JokerEel

Coach
Someone explain, his mates are all leaving for different clubs- so why would he need or want to leave unless it was with all of them.

Also he has basically said six clubs have rung him I hope the club is now talking to the NRL about getting his manager de registered and also those clubs fined.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dunno, in my world, actions speak louder than words. His son f**king off in the blink of an eye after dad was gone speaks louder than “I’m grateful to the club”. Plus there was that stuff Troy said about Arthur shit-canning the club when he spoke to him.
Did he shitcan the club or the people in charge?

JokerEel

Coach
Great culture built by Baldie, talking about poisoning the well when leaving.

He bled blue and gold apparently, i think he's the biggest fraud in the history of the club.

Yep apparently bleed blue and gold I have to agree I gave that bauld fraud way to much time.

He didn't give a f**k about the club or the fans.