What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
So every forward is free to leave basically with the exception of Paulo who is the one we really need to move on given his ridiculous salary, and Hopgood

hindy111

Post Whore
Nil issues with Wiremu getting the tap on the shoulder. He’d have been excellent in 1998.

Agree. To slow. The thing is if we tap everyone on the shoulder who will we be left with?
Imagine Lane,Grieg,Matto,RCG all go. Some might be down on form but bar Grieg all are still at NRL level.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
That's what the solar company told me.

Thanks anyway.

I was thinking about it just then and I think Net Metering solves this.

Even if my solar is generating say 2Kw/h per phase. Total 6kw/h.

And a Heatpump is drawing say 4 kw/h and it is only attached to Phase 1. Essentially, on Phase 1 it is taking 2kW/h from my Solar and 2kW/h from the grid.

But because the other 2 phases, assuming nothing else is drawing any power of note, is generating 2kw/h each and sending it to the grid, my Net is 6-4 = 2 kw/h so the electricity company is netting it off and saying I am selling 2kw/h to them.

I think that's the answer.

You cannot "draw" from Solar panels, you surely have a power supply (battery) that is charged from the PV and grid connected yet some of the terminology you are using you make it sound like you are off grid

Also sounds like you have dodgy regulator or invertor on the phase that is running at the higher voltage. Actually the whole installation sounds dodgy as your phases are way out of balance

If I were you I would engage a professional rather than ask on a Rugby League forum

hindy111

Post Whore
You cannot "draw" from Solar panels, you surely have a power supply (battery) that is charged from the PV and grid connected yet some of the terminology you are using you make it sound like you are off grid

Also sounds like you have dodgy regulator or invertor on the phase that is running at the higher voltage. Actually the whole installation sounds dodgy as your phases are way out of balance

If I were you I would engage a professional rather than ask on a Rugby League forum

I have zero issue with him asking me an electrical question. Unfortunately I don't know all the answers. But same goes for most people on here. If curious about something happy to help and give advice. I have been doing it for 25yrs so it isn't like he is just asking a random footy fan.