What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Murraymob1

Juniors
They have 32 players on their website less Taylan May. Can you point me I the direction of their original squad make up please?
What he may be saying is.not all positions are set in stone .You need players in your 30 than can play multiple positions not just wing or fullback.example Laurie who can play fullback center and wing and has had a crack in the halves .The Penrith forwards also have a few mobile enough to play in the centers if injury happens in a game.
There is no ideal formation of a squad .Parra are very top heavy in the forwards .

Murraymob1

Juniors
Mclea
If you think Talagi was bad, McLean got absolutely destroyed last night. He was a total passenger, but because his team mates are so good he still won. Alamoti is also useless in defence. But when your defensive middle is so strong you can cover a weak edge defender.
Mclean is a young kid who will be good he is fast tracked due to injury and losing may .He will fill out body wise and be a good one

eels_fan

First Grade
Boys have been rewarded for “only losing by a bit” with a day at the surf park at Homebush.

interesting the club would allow players to surf that are coming back from serious leg injuries that are stopping them playing first grade currently (ie Sivo and Dunster)

Gronk

Staff member
Boys have been rewarded for “only losing by a bit” with a day at the surf park at Homebush.

interesting the club would allow players to surf that are coming back from serious leg injuries that are stopping them playing first grade currently (ie Sivo and Dunster)
Aren't they all back in full time contact training ?

Stevie

Bench
Fox reported RCG officially told he is free to leave. Saying he won’t be here next year plenty of clubs trying to fit him in.

Such a shame I think he is a very good prop.

Article said club open to chipping in for Matto and Sivo but not RCG. Apparently not much happening interest wise for Sivo and Matto.

King-Gutho94

Coach

I assume Baz is trying to make these last 4 weeks a bit of fun during the week and not a grind to get through to the end of the season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fox reported RCG officially told he is free to leave. Saying he won’t be here next year plenty of clubs trying to fit him in.

Article said club open to chipping in for Matto and Sivo but not RCG. Apparently not much happening interest wise for Sivo and Matto.

Bonnet whacker has been hacked

1723433027666.png

Gronk

Staff member

Matto and Reg have been our best of late. :(

Avenger

Immortal
RCG being tapped on the shoulder is an obvious sign that Ryles has a big forward signing in mind especially when you also take into account Matterson and Greig (both middles have had the same conversation).

My gut feel is it’s someone like Barnett that we are after to replace RCG. Royce Hunt for Greig and Matterson’s money to top up Hopgood’s new contract.

Stevie

Bench
RCG being tapped on the shoulder is an obvious sign that Ryles has a big forward signing in mind especially when you also take into account Matterson and Greig (both middles have had the same conversation).

My gut feel is it’s someone like Barnett that we are after to replace RCG. Royce Hunt for Greig and Matterson’s money to top up Hopgood’s new contract.
That’s quite an interesting take. Could be on the money. I just think RCG is a top quality front rower.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Reg has definitely been one of our best and he certainly puts in a big shift more often than not. But he’s 32 at the end of his contract and being ruthless and moving someone on a year early should probably be seen as a positive move by the club.

Avenger

Immortal
We can't afford (not financially) to have both RCG and Junior in the team and as much as I'd personally prefer to keep RCG, he is probably easier to offload early.
Paulo has been playing injured all year. At their fittest I still think Paulo is better than RCG.

JokerEel

Coach

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think it's more interesting the forwards who haven't apparently been told they are free to leave......Paulo and Cartwright......our 2 most skillful forwards...might give an indication of playing style Ryles may adopt....

Avenger

Immortal
I think it's more interesting the forwards who haven't apparently been told they are free to leave......Paulo and Cartwright......our 2 most skillful forwards...might give an indication of playing style Ryles may adopt....
It’s more Nathan Brown telling Ryles who he rates and who he doesn’t.