What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
I’d be signing Jack Hetherington too. He’s also been told that he is free to negotiate with other clubs.
You complain about mediocrity and bring up a potential poster child for the word. :rolleyes:

He would be in your shit list in less than a week as would Royce Hunt.

Much better off investing in younger players in NSW Cup sides that are going to develop rather than discards from teams like the Knights.

The Colonel

Immortal
I hope Ryles is looking through NSW Cup at younger forwards like Blake Hosking, Aitasi James and Joshua Coric as potential depth players at least. There numbers in NSW Cup are decent in comparison to some of the players we have in those lower grades and they have had a small exposure to first grade. a player like Hethrington is almost 29 and has moved from club to club and struggled to establish himself at any of them.

Avenger

Immortal
You complain about mediocrity and bring up a potential poster child for the word. :rolleyes:

Much better off investing in younger players in NSW Cup sides that are going to develop rather than discards from teams like the Knights.
Firstly, nice to see you post again, old mate.

I rate both of them players at the right price. I’m all for juniors being promoted but they need time and these types on reasonable money is not too much of a gamble. How much would they command?

$400k for JH AND $300k tops for RH?

Chipmunk

Coach
Depends how much he expects to earn beyond 2025. We could keep his price down (but increase the risk to us) by offering a long contract. Maybe even a cheeky PO.
He'd have at least 3 Sydney clubs he would prefer to go to...

We're only a "You only get one Alan Bond come along in your life time" type of consideration for him.

Move on

84 Baby

Referee

I don’t think it’s mediocrity but 2 of the complaints about our side are that we’re dumb (which describes Hetherington) and we have lazy forwards (which describes Roy’s Hunt).
Then again maybe Hunt will make us smarter and Hetherington will make us less lazy.

The Colonel

Immortal
Firstly, nice to see you post again, old mate.

I rate both of them players at the right price. I’m all for juniors being promoted but they need time and these types on reasonable money is not too much of a gamble. How much would they command?

$400k for JH AND $300k tops for RH?
I only don't post because the same people dribble the same shit, measure their dicks and carry on like they have half a clue and have done for about fifteen years. I have a read from time to time but nothing has really changed so its not worth the bother.

In this instance though, given the focus on the mediocrity that has been served up for the past few years since the GF I thought I needed to weigh in.

I rate neither player as more than depth at this stage of their careers alongside players like Ogden and Greig realistically. Reasonable money for both would be minimum NRL contract and anymore than that would be overs. I appreciate that people may view them differently but they are a step sideways if not backwards if we are potentially releasing RCG and Greig as examples. We are going in to a rebuild phase for a multitude of reasons. They aren't players that will help with that IMO.

The junior system is strong if we allow them to develop as we both agree - there are players within the system already who should get game time next year and fill some of the gaps and there are some whom should be ready by the end of next if not the year after. Younger players like those I have mentioned in Coric, Hosking and James would fill the other gaps and also allow the players to develop that need to and give them a chance to either step up or move on. More upside in giving slightly younger players on the fringe of first grade a chance rather than recycling players who haven't established themselves at clubs for long periods of time another chance to clog up the system.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cowpats are releasing him for a reason, he's 29 and seems to have lost a bit of pace. I'm surprised Ryles is chasing him unless we can get him on the cheap and short term, say 2 years and no POs.

I'd rather we were chasing 20 year olds with the potential to develop.

Swap with Sivo perhaps. No idea what Sivo is on but let's say its 550k would you give them that and pay 300k for Val?

hindy111

Post Whore
I only don't post because the same people dribble the same shit, measure their dicks and carry on like they have half a clue and have done for about fifteen years. I have a read from time to time but nothing has really changed so its not worth the bother.

In this instance though, given the focus on the mediocrity that has been served up for the past few years since the GF I thought I needed to weigh in.

I rate neither player as more than depth at this stage of their careers alongside players like Ogden and Greig realistically. Reasonable money for both would be minimum NRL contract and anymore than that would be overs. I appreciate that people may view them differently but they are a step sideways if not backwards if we are potentially releasing RCG and Greig as examples. We are going in to a rebuild phase for a multitude of reasons. They aren't players that will help with that IMO.

The junior system is strong if we allow them to develop as we both agree - there are players within the system already who should get game time next year and fill some of the gaps and there are some whom should be ready by the end of next if not the year after. Younger players like those I have mentioned in Coric, Hosking and James would fill the other gaps and also allow the players to develop that need to and give them a chance to either step up or move on.

Jack Henthrington for 250k would be ok. Not more.
We need to hope Guymer,Brazel,Tuvati come good. I think W.Latu is a smokie also.
Matalele has probably missed the boat.But considering injuries this year I'd give him 1 more season to maybe come good

The Colonel

Immortal
I don’t think it’s mediocrity but 2 of the complaints about our side are that we’re dumb (which describes Hetherington) and we have lazy forwards (which describes Roy’s Hunt).
Then again maybe Hunt will make us smarter and Hetherington will make us less lazy.
Hunt and Hetherington are mediocre as well as dumb and lazy - players we can potentially do without.

Pazza

First Grade
Jack Henthrington for 250k would be ok. Not more.
We need to hope Guymer,Brazel,Tuvati come good. I think W.Latu is a smokie also.
Matalele has probably missed the boat.But considering injuries this year I'd give him 1 more season to maybe come good

Pretty sure matele is still on contract for 2025