What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Contrary to what many on here said last off season, I’m hoping the club tell Junior to spend the entire off season in a boxing gym. It would be the best thing he could do by a country mile.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
It’s sad to see Reg go but the good clubs seem to make those tough decisions a year early rather than a year late. At the very least it frees up the best part of 800k.

Agree with this … his form and output is still good and he’s probably got another good year in him but yes a year too early as opposed to too late is good roster management. Paulo has been the biggest disappointment for me and given his wage he’s the biggest drain on our roster unless he can find his best form again

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I’m definitely biased. But there’s few sports out there that push your limits physically like boxing. I’d let him have a fight on one of those No Limits cards and give him something to train towards. Keeping him pushed in the gym is only going to benefit him and the club.

Of course diet plays a huge role in all of this but if he’s training for a fight he will keep that in line too.

Stevie

Bench
I am looking forward to actually hearing from Ryles, and his plans come pre season time. I am so glad he came to the Eels early and I am sure he is busy in the background but looking forward to hearing what his plans are in playing style and team structure.

I have a strong feeling he has a plan to completely change up our preseasons into a Melbourne Storm style live or die program which I am excited about. I also think our defensive edges are going to be much stronger.

84 Baby

Referee
I'm with you on that rotation. It's not terrible (if fit and present).
Jnr Paulo is a 60 minutes per game front rower
I really don’t think he is anymore.
The game has well and truly passed allowing a player of his size, fitness and offence-mindedness to be a great competitive advantage.

Sensei Cobra

Juniors
Think Paulo, can turn it around. Yeah he wasnt his best this year, but don't think he was horrible either. Probably needs to focus on run first (but that comes down to our playing style).
I hope your night cause he is one of my faves and is taking a huge chunk of the cap. IMO his form has been well below par for 2 years now so it will be some turn around if he can get back to his best

🤞

TheCrowe

Juniors
giphy.webp
At least not a funny joke.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I am looking forward to actually hearing from Ryles, and his plans come pre season time. I am so glad he came to the Eels early and I am sure he is busy in the background but looking forward to hearing what his plans are in playing style and team structure.

I have a strong feeling he has a plan to completely change up our preseasons into a Melbourne Storm style live or die program which I am excited about. I also think our defensive edges are going to be much stronger.

I hope we hear nothing from him