What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

The Colonel

Immortal
Not going to say it was or wasn't BA. But BA picked up the phone pretty quickly to Barrett when he got the sack at the doggies.

Cameron was appointed as the CEO at Penrith in 2022 - before Barrett even got the sack from Canterbury. We are drawing some pretty pictures to point the finger at BA for not accepting Cameron back into the fold. It was certainly a mistake for him to be let go initially but he had been involved in the club for 15 years when he first left. I know its a pile on for the 11 years he was involved at the club but take off the tin foil hats.

Gronk

Staff member
Didnt you watch the Kings birthday game.

He scored the match winning try.
jesse shrug GIF by Big Brother Canada

JokerEel

Coach
Cameron was appointed as the CEO at Penrith in 2022 - before Barrett even got the sack from Canterbury. We are drawing some pretty pictures to point the finger at BA for not accepting Cameron back into the fold. It was certainly a mistake for him to be let go initially but he had been involved in the club for 15 years when he first left. I know its a pile on for the 11 years he was involved at the club but take off the tin foil hats.

Huh...

My point was if BA wants someone he tends to get them

The Colonel

Immortal
Are you saying Mannah made it up?

I have read the transcript and there was no mention of a falling out between BA and Cameron. Mannah did say though it was a mistake that Cameron was let go. I don't disagree with that. I think there are a lot of people that are just happy to blame the failings on one bloke rather than the clusterf**k that has been going on for many years by a lot of different people.

JokerEel

Coach
One thing Mannah did say made a lot of sense is that when a player leaves it's not on very good terms.

Even when BA left recently (I know getting sacked is never going to leave a good taste in your mouth).

Brown as well he is at Manly now and loving it doesn't like the Eels.

Avenger

Immortal
I have read the transcript and there was no mention of a falling out between BA and Cameron. Mannah did say though it was a mistake that Cameron was let go. I don't disagree with that. I think there are a lot of people that are just happy to blame the failings on one bloke rather than the clusterf**k that has been going on for many years by a lot of different people.
Ok. What I can tell you is that I personally know three people that have worked with BA. All 3 left because of him. One will be coming back. All are not fans and have indicated that this mess mostly rests with him. It’s just a shame it took our club 11 years to work it out. I’ve tried to talk to him once, all I can say is that he’s a strange cat and about as articulate as a scaffolder.

lucablight

First Grade
Ok. What I can tell you is that I personally know three people that have worked with BA. All 3 left because of him. One will be coming back. All are not fans and have indicated that this mess mostly rests with him. It’s just a shame it took our club 11 years to work it out. I’ve tried to talk to him once, all I can say is that he’s a strange cat and about as articulate as a scaffolder.
Funny that. The media portrays him as a nice guy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Cameron was appointed as the CEO at Penrith in 2022 - before Barrett even got the sack from Canterbury. We are drawing some pretty pictures to point the finger at BA for not accepting Cameron back into the fold. It was certainly a mistake for him to be let go initially but he had been involved in the club for 15 years when he first left. I know it's a pile on for the 11 years he was involved at the club but take off the tin foil hats.
The mistaken wasn't letting Cameron go, it wasn't replacing him....its the board's stuff up from 2007 to 2016 of being a total basket case, with board wars every year with elections, constant changing of coaches, changing of chairs, CEO's failed grand plans, undoing of the work Smith had done, no pathways etc etc etc ......

It took Gus a good 10 years to get panthers back on track, but let's blame BA for all the clubs errors of the last 15 or so years....

Gronk

Staff member
One thing Mannah did say made a lot of sense is that when a player leaves it's not on very good terms.

Even when BA left recently (I know getting sacked is never going to leave a good taste in your mouth).

Brown as well he is at Manly now and loving it doesn't like the Eels.
I took notice of that and then reflected on the two examples he used - Jenko and Fergo. He said they love the Roosters and always speak glowing of them. Could not put my finger on why ...

1724723004643.png

King-Gutho94

Coach
Gee whiz sounds like there is more people BA had a falling out with then he actually got on with.

Outside of the Ball boys, Murph, Jake, Boods & Gutho

Did anyone actually like BA.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Ok. What I can tell you is that I personally know three people that have worked with BA. All 3 left because of him. One will be coming back. All are not fans and have indicated that this mess mostly rests with him.

Thanks for sharing. I wonder if people who don't know people (or much about football?) might attempt to correct you.... LOL.

I don't know who you know, but there might be people I know who may or may not be very significant, and who indicate the same things

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I honestly have never noticed him. Surely he would be better than Russell ?
I think he will give us a genuine wing option (with the potential to cover fullback/maybe centre), who so far with his NRL games, there is an indication his rucking out work is exactly what we need.

And he is still young/inexperienced, so should get better.

Latest posts