What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

84 Baby

Referee
Gus has come out and said Lachie Galvin is the best young player he has seen and will be the highest paid player in the history of the game.

Now if that isn't a conflict of interest putting pressure on the Tigers I don't know what is.

It's a disgrace every week he can use his channel 9 podcast every week for agendas.
I’ll keep saying it
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-hit-magic-johnson-lakers-another-tampering-fine-203036115.html#:~:text=The%20NBA%20announced%20Tuesday%20that,interview%20with%20ESPN's%20Nick%20Friedell.

I am baffled why the NRL fail to see it

JokerEel

Coach
Gus has come out and said Lachie Galvin is the best young player he has seen and will be the highest paid player in the history of the game.

Now if that isn't a conflict of interest putting pressure on the Tigers I don't know what is.

It's a disgrace every week he can use his channel 9 podcast every week for agendas.

One day the NRL will become a professionally run league...

JokerEel

Coach
With Matto being told he is staying our pack is looking ok for next year with everyone back from injury..

Barlow
Hands
Joffa
Kelma
Carty (would like Guymer to get a go with a off-season)
Hopgood

Gutho?
Matto
Lane
Guymer

Leo Thompson would be a good get from the Knights..

TheCrowe

Juniors
With Matto being told he is staying our pack is looking ok for next year with everyone back from injury..

Barlow
Hands
Joffa
Kelma
Carty (would like Guymer to get a go with a off-season)
Hopgood

Gutho?
Matto
Lane
Guymer

Leo Thompson would be a good get from the Knights..
Leo Thompson would be an interesting option but he is seeking big money.
We would probably get his brother on a development deal as a package.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

Galvin will end up at the Chooks. Maybe Gus will get there before him.

lucablight

First Grade
They are neither baseless nor wild. These assertions are backed by evidence, including the assertion that we don’t win a lot of finals matches. We have won 10 in 22 years (a decent sample). Cherry picking the records of Daniel Anderson and Brian Smith is as dumb as cherry picking Arthur’s record. As I’ve said repeatedly, 12 games is a tiny sample, and I’ve demonstrated with other examples of meaningless small samples.
Thats not evidence. That’s data. You haven’t explained why we’ve won 10 finals matches in 22 years. I can tell you that it’s not because of some inherent trait that is being the Parramatta Eels.

Imagine if Penrith sat around after their 2020 grand final loss and said we’ve won 7 finals matches since our last premiership in 2003. A club like ours just doesn’t win finals matches let alone premierships anymore. With retrospect you would agree that it would have been a laughable mindset to take after what they ended up achieving. Your interpretation of the data is shallow at best. You’re saying correlation doesn’t equal causation but that’s what you’re literally doing.

My personal opinion to explain the data is that the club has been mismanaged by the different groups of people in charge for a long time and we have not taken advantage of the resources to win a premiership. 2010-2016 especially were wasted years which is going to skew the data significantly towards not winning finals matches. It’s mismanagement and not some inherent trait like you’re suggesting. Here’s hoping the Ryles regime does a better job.

oldmancraigy

Coach
My personal opinion to explain the data is that the club has been mismanaged by the different groups of people in charge for a long time and we have not taken advantage of the resources to win a premiership. 2010-2016 especially were wasted years which is going to skew the data significantly towards not winning finals matches. It’s mismanagement and not some inherent trait like you’re suggesting. Here’s hoping the Ryles regime does a better job.

Don't forget power struggles between warring factions wanting to be in charge and then sweeping away anything set up by their predecessors...

I'd argue the mismanagement dates back to at least the 90s. We had decent pathways for junior development, but that may have been good fortune in a less professional era?

I'm always in support of the elected board (whichever faction it turns out to be) and hopeful they can deliver profit and the right footy people to run things, starting with the all-important head coach.

Latest posts