What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
The good times are over at Penrith. Gould is long gone and the rats are heading for the lifeboats. They are now signing Eels rejects in Papali'i and Talagi.

Agree their run at top is probably coming to an end.5 top 4 finishes in a row. Best defense 5 years straight. 4 /5 grand finals and 3 maybe 4 grand final wins. It's been a great story and era in history.
Like every top side but they eventually will fall. They have lost around 26 NRL players in this period.
Ultimately tho we are only guessing it's over.
They may rejuvenate Papali'i, turn Blaize into a star and unearth 2 or 3 more gun juniors. We won't know untill next season.

hindy111

Post Whore
The way Sivo has played the last month I hope he stays on. Our backline with Ionghi and Lomax starts to look fast when considering Moses and Dylan. Simmonson would be my centre over Gutherson but happy to have Guth there.
Hands with a full off season will improve. With RCG leaving now I assume we have 750k to spare yeah?

The Predictor

Juniors
We were dumb enough to agree to 2 year deal with a player option.

He never wanted to stay here.... should have told him to sign a three year deal or move on back when he was in ball.

His road to the number 6 might be blocked right now but that doesn't mean Dylan still going to be here In 2026. Blaize could have played cup all this year and centre in 25.

But whatever, you asked for essentially a one year deal it tells me you're not that keen on being an eel. We don't need guys like that here.
That’s the clubs fault pumping him like he was the second coming, which he certainly not yet anyway, hence him thinking he was , reap what you sow

The Predictor

Juniors
For every Storm releasing NZ incumbent hooker Richard Swain to promote Cameron Smith, there’s a Souths letting Adam Reynolds go to keep Lachlan Ilias.

That said I don’t trust our club officials’ talent identification and I said at start of season Talagi was going to end up as starting centre for us. It was club’s failure not selling him on that future.

That said it also only comes back to bite us really if he winds up the new Hayne.
He won’t b the new Hayne, he was a fkwt but a rare generational talent, I don’t see that in Talagi

EppingEel

Juniors
The way Sivo has played the last month I hope he stays on. Our backline with Ionghi and Lomax starts to look fast when considering Moses and Dylan. Simmonson would be my centre over Gutherson but happy to have Guth there.
Hands with a full off season will improve. With RCG leaving now I assume we have 750k to spare yeah?
I completely agree. People underrate Sivo, best try scorer in the competition by far, and his defense and running game has improved exponentially since being dropped.

Parra Pride

Referee
I completely agree. People underrate Sivo, best try scorer in the competition by far, and his defense and running game has improved exponentially since being dropped.
It's not about underrating him, it's about knowing what he can do and seeing that for the better part of the last two years he has been phoning it in. He ended the season well though, and if he's prepared to keep playing like that there is certainly a spot on the wing for him.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Attitude has improved

Its a Prime example of why BA was here way too long.

Everyone got too comfortable in everything they did and it led to laziness and a lack of accountability.

Sivo was eventually dropped but by then it was too late.

Soto

Bench
Or even if he becomes a better centre than whoever plays there for us next year. Penisini nope, Lomax nope, Simonsson nope, Gutherson nope. Honestly Talagi is already an excellent attacking player but defence is a huge part of a centre's value. I think Talagi will become a good enough defender for centre, but I doubt it'll happen next year. In any case, I'll be surprised if he plays centre at Penrith.
Hey @Poupou Escobar this is actually a good post. Maybe you do know something about footy

Soto

Bench
Attitude has improved

Its a Prime example of why BA was here way too long.

Everyone got too comfortable in everything they did and it led to laziness and a lack of accountability.

Sivo was eventually dropped but by then it was too late.
Completely agree. Sivo has played with more energy, intent and dedication after coming back into the team when Tbaz was in charge..not sure if it also coincided with "you're free to go" commentary or if he finally got a rocket that he deserved.
A switched on, committed Sivo is in my team every day of the week