What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If he was having a go at R & R it would have been for 2023 and 2024, not 2025. The last two years besides Hopgood have been nothing short of abysmal. Seriously I think even pou would have managed better and we all know how much he loves plods.

Well maybe not even pou, but you'll know what I mean. Freakin pathetic!
Recruitment was poor due to the salary cap biting us after 2019-22. It’s easier to recruit after poor seasons because you let a bunch of merkins go. Look how well we recruited after 2013 and 2018 ffs. Were we just better at recruiting back then? Why have the Tigers and Dogs signed so many big names in recent years? It’s because that’s what shit teams do.

oldmancraigy

Coach
There's a chance Bailey overtakes Sivo for that spot on the wing (or maybe he plays at centre), but it's important that we don't rush him back. If he doesn't have his speed he loses alot of his value, so I'd rather them stick with Sivo for atleast the first few games.

Is Sivo first choice on the wing anyway?
I don't think it was clear this year.

He finished the year on fire, but was abysmal for 80%+ of the year

EppingEel

Juniors

You could argue Bailey wasn't that great before his injury either. Russell isn't much more than a solid backup and the young blokes (Ethyn Martin, Richard P and AMS) will all probably need a little more development.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

He did play two games in reserve grade (for three tries). He obviously wasn’t first choice in those two games but he was also coming back from injury. I wonder how much the injury affected his form. In his 12 NRL games this year he scored 17 tries. But we all now realise that 12 games is a small sample. Only five of those twelve opponents made the top eight. It’s very statistical.

Pazza

First Grade
If he was having a go at R & R it would have been for 2023 and 2024, not 2025. The last two years besides Hopgood have been nothing short of abysmal. Seriously I think even pou would have managed better and we all know how much he loves plods.

Well maybe not even pou, but you'll know what I mean. Freakin pathetic!

I've been told competition in the squad is a none factor. only the top 17 matters

Stevie

Bench
JAC set to be cut loose by Dogs. He has plenty of electricity and class. Allegedly on 500k at Dogs, who knows what a club could pick him up for… I’d have him for sure.

The Colonel

Immortal
JAC set to be cut loose by Dogs. He has plenty of electricity and class. Allegedly on 500k at Dogs, who knows what a club could pick him up for… I’d have him for sure.

He does offer speed and excitement. The extra off field baggage though is a concern. I reckon he will end up at Souths personally....