What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Tiger5150

Bench
Not much out there.

They could go back to Hook Griffin haha.

What's he doing these days

Coaching Eastwood Rugby.
Webcke almost blew a heart valve on radio this morning when the NSW Coach Madge was suggested as a replacement.

I just cant see Madge being able to do his job up there when the white-anting from the Old boys like Tallis will be there from day 1 wanting him to fail like it was for Seibold.

He may be the right man for the job but i suspect the Broncos need a bit of QLD DNA coaching them.

Otherwise i found it hard for them to be successful.
I want Madge to get the gig as hard as you guys want Barrett.

Tiger5150

Bench
What about this ex-Bronco.

He is the only one coaching in the NRL atm.

View attachment 94623
Yep they can have him.....Bronco DNA.

Seriously, I am very worried that we have everything in place for a resurgence, only to have Benji's inexperience an anchor pulling us down, but at the moment in the absence of any genuine big hitter candidates, at least Benji is passionate and committed to us and that will have to do at the moment. Massive leap of faith for everyone. In Richo we trust.

84 Baby

Referee

Seriously, I am very worried that we have everything in place for a resurgence, only to have Benji's inexperience an anchor pulling us down, but at the moment in the absence of any genuine big hitter candidates, at least Benji is passionate and committed to us and that will have to do at the moment. Massive leap of faith for everyone. In Richo we trust.
I know 2 grand final coaches ready & available. Between them they can also bring a half, hooker and utility

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Was talking to my old man earlier who’s a Broncs tragic. Says it’s absolutely ridiculous that Brisbane “need” someone who’s a Qlder or Broncos DNA to coach them. Correctly pointed out not one single other NRL club thinks along those lines.

He reckons if Madge is the right man for the job, so be it, but recognises that Webcke and Tallis etc will be vocal in their criticism just as Ray Price etc is for us at times.

Very interesting times ahead at Brisbane. I’m glad Ryles is locked down with us.

Gazzamatta

Coach

I totally agree. Everything is about Benji. Glory grabber. Good luck.

Tiger5150

Bench
I totally agree. Everything is about Benji. Glory grabber. Good luck.
FWIW I disagree with you here. Benji took a massive pay cut and career risk leaving the media for this coaching gig. I have no doubt that his heart is in the right place and he is genuinely trying to do the right thing for the club. I am just not convinced he has the skills for it and he definitely doesnt have the experience for it. The lone glimmer of hope for me regarding Benji's coaching, is that in 2024, our best players reliably week in and week out were the kids. Galvin, Samuela Fainu, TDS, Bula, Pole etc were very reliably good. Our older experienced players consistently let us down like Stef, Douiehi, Sezer etc. At least this shows to me that Benji has the kids on side.

We were shit and deserved the spoon, just like we deserved it the two years before, but the big difference this year was that the team (predominantly the kids) never put the cue in the rack and kept trying (last round might be the exception). I was impressed with the kids resilience this year and I put that down to Benji.

Ill stop the Tigers talk here