What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Pazza

First Grade
It’s not because they have player options, it’s because they’re off contract. The PO just means they can extend an extra year if they want to.

While the club has to keep the money for the option to the side while the player explores the market and comes back to the club with a decision.

It's Oct 1, has any player with an option for 2026 taken it up yet?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Probably because people on here seem to keep putting shit on BA, no matter what.
Even though he's no longer at the club. Even going so far as to laugh at his team in the ESL.

But one is all good and the other is trolling according to you.
Yeah because Hage’s, Kearney and Sticky never copped shit after they left huh??

They still cop shit and rightfully so, what makes Brad so special???

emjaycee

Coach
Everyone is getting upset about player options but really, what do they mean?

At the moment, Drown has a contract for 2025 and without the option he would be able to start negotiations with us or any one else in a month's time (for 2026+). The PO might extend that for a few more months and reduce our time to replace him if he does go elsewhere, but without it, he would be negotiating in a month without having had any time under Ryles. Not a good scenario for us to be in.

Moses is under contract until the end of 2026 and without the PO would be free to negotiate in Nov next year. For me, he is signed until 2026 and not beyond and that's how I look at.

Both players have some built-in protection if they want to invoke it (at a cost) but is it really that negative or just a way to put shit on the club and MON?

84 Baby

Referee

At the moment, Drown has a contract for 2025 and without the option he would be able to start negotiations with us or any one else in a month's time (for 2026+). The PO might extend that for a few more months and reduce our time to replace him if he does go elsewhere, but without it, he would be negotiating in a month without having had any time under Ryles. Not a good scenario for us to be in.

Moses is under contract until the end of 2026 and without the PO would be free to negotiate in Nov next year. For me, he is signed until 2026 and not beyond and that's how I look at.

Both players have some built-in protection if they want to invoke it (at a cost) but is it really that negative or just a way to put shit on the club and MON?
Individually they are fine. The problem is as club we have/had too many. It can sap a lot of energy in dealing with so many points of uncertainty around the same time.

emjaycee

Coach
Individually they are fine. The problem is as club we have/had too many. It can sap a lot of energy in dealing with so many points of uncertainty around the same time.
Whose energy though?
Not mine.

And not as much as protracted negotiations with player managers who are playing us off against every other club from Nov 1st onwards would take.

Gronk

Staff member

Yes, as you know I have been saying the same thing.

As much as Westfields would like you to sign a 10 year lease, common sense tells you to sign a 3+3+3. That's how you do business. That's how you protect your family. I just don't know why people don't understand that.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yeah because Hage’s, Kearney and Sticky never copped shit after they left huh??

They still cop shit and rightfully so, what makes Brad so special???

Some of them cop a bit too much flak as well (not Sticky, he can get farked).

All I’m saying is that if people are allowed to put shit on someone, then others are allowed to defend them without being accused of trolling.

If you create an argument then you are open to an opposing argument - something which you would think a certain legal expert on here would understand.

Noise

Coach
It’s a positive that we have 7 or 8 player options. We have achieved a lot of success since we have been using so many of them. Hopefully most of our top 30 have them soon.

emjaycee

Coach
Some of them cop a bit too much flak as well (not Sticky, he can get farked).

All I’m saying is that if people are allowed to put shit on someone, then others are allowed to defend them without being accused of trolling.

If you create an argument then you are open to an opposing argument - something which you would think a certain legal expert on here would understand.
Wouldn't that mean people (posters) have opposing views on some matters?

Is a troll then just the person that argues against the original view put forward?

T.S Quint

Coach

What would be the difference between negotiating with a player when he has a player option versus when he is simply off contract?

emjaycee

Coach
It’s a positive that we have 7 or 8 player options. We have achieved a lot of success since we have been using so many of them. Hopefully most of our top 30 have them soon.
I know you are being a smart arsehole, but tell me again how they hurt us?

T.S Quint

Coach
Totally side note. I am looking forward to getting some new merch in 25. Let’s hope the Hardie stuff looks good and they have nice Polos and jerseys / hoodies.

I’ve been wanting to get a polo for a few years now but they’ve not been all that great looking. This years one would have been great if they decided to have the proper logo instead of that fluorescent green one.

I agree with you I’m hoping the next years batch will be worth buying.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wouldn't that mean people (posters) have opposing views on some matters?

Is a troll then just the person that argues against the original view put forward?

Seemingly.
I’ve seen someone be accused of it time and time again, simply because “Well he couldn’t possibly believe what he is saying” despite a few other posters believing the same thing.

Not naming any names though.

lucablight

First Grade
To be fair, though - we came up against a team that would later come to be playing in their fifth consecutive Grand Final, and vying for their fourth consecutive Premiership...

I mean, this Penrith team is something else...
Even Federer, Nadal and Djokovic lost finals to players that were inferior to them. Upsets happen in sports. That should always be our goal. I still consider it a missed opportunity.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
Seemingly.
I’ve seen someone be accused of it time and time again, simply because “Well he couldn’t possibly believe what he is saying” despite a few other posters believing the same thing.

Not naming any names though.
And here I was believing that this forum was a place for "groupthink" only.

Latest posts