What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
Got a relo working there, living in Port Moresby.....was to going visit them next year. Started researching a trip there, f**k that...not going. Way too much hassle...dangerous.....and the stories our relo has told us....aren't a good place.....

I’ve never been there, but my partner went there once for work.
She said parts of it are quite beautiful, but it is an incredibly dangerous place, especially for a woman.
She had to have security with her wherever she went.

eels_fan

First Grade
PNG will be attractive to younger players wanting to make a break in the NRL and players at the twilight of careers.

with the aus gov building a compound for the players and their families, it will essentially be rent and utility free, resort style living plus tax breaks for 9 months of the year. These players won’t be out and about on the streets of Port Moresby without being flanked by guards.

you look at players who come 2028 will be in the last 2 years of their careers and they’ll be the main targets, along with a bunch of squad NRL players who are willing to take a chance. No players with kids needing to go to school will be heading over there to put their kids in the PNG education system

PNG will be attractive to younger players wanting to make a break in the NRL and players at the twilight of careers.

with the aus gov building a compound for the players and their families, it will essentially be rent and utility free, resort style living plus tax breaks for 9 months of the year. These players won’t be out and about on the streets of Port Moresby without being flanked by guards.

you look at players who come 2028 will be in the last 2 years of their careers and they’ll be the main targets, along with a bunch of squad NRL players who are willing to take a chance. No players with kids needing to go to school will be heading over there to put their kids in the PNG education system

Isn't the plan that, for the first few years, the playing squad will be based in Cairns and they'll fly in to PNG ahead of home games?

FWIW I have a good mate who lived in a compound in PNG for 18 months while working for the Aus govt. He now has serious PTSD and can't presently work or function in society. And he's no sook.

Gronk

Staff member
Wests Tigers have signed and promoted a merkin straight from HM to top 30.

So, is he THAT good, or did his manager force this on the club ?

Google says on 26/9 he was selected to play NZ schools tour for AU Rugby.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

I reckon every club and union would've been after him. Big, fast and a goal kicker.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I’ve never been there, but my partner went there once for work.
She said parts of it are quite beautiful, but it is an incredibly dangerous place, especially for a woman.
She had to have security with her wherever she went.
Yep, my relo lives in a "compound" in Port Moresby with kids/partner. Said the same beautiful but dangerous as hell.

They like it, but got to be extremely careful wherever you go. Only been there 6 months and already seen several shoot outs. Police don't muck around, plus plenty of corruption.

He flies in and out of Lae (from Moresby) and that's another level of danger.

Pazza

First Grade

Three year deal too. Must have seen the meal we made out of our talented youngsters

T.S Quint

Coach
Yep, my relo lives in a "compound" in Port Moresby with kids/partner. Said the same beautiful but dangerous as hell.

They like it, but got to be extremely careful wherever you go. Only been there 6 months and already seen several shoot outs. Police don't muck around, plus plenty of corruption.

He flies in and out of Lae (from Moresby) and that's another level of danger.

Tribes go to war over a f**king pig over there.
It's proper third-world stuff.

Latest posts