What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If we lose Gutherson and Sivo next year js there enough talent on the market? Between those 2 and Reg's money you'd think we'd have 2 million or more to spend, I hope there js options for us.
There is the option to frontload extensions, freeing up space for 2026 and beyond. These Eels are all (officially) free to negotiate with rivals at the start of November:

Brown
Cartwright
Doorey
Hands
Greig
Gutherson
Lussick
Mataele
Matterson
Moretti
Ofahengaue
Penisini
Russell
Tuilagi
Tuivati

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
serbian-folk-costume-nosnja_0.jpg

Now I know why they keep staring at us at the Royal National Park.
At least half of them look like Bosniaks

oldmancraigy

Coach
There is the option to frontload extensions, freeing up space for 2026 and beyond. These Eels are all (officially) free to negotiate with rivals at the start of November:

Brown
Cartwright
Doorey
Hands
Greig
Gutherson
Lussick
Mataele
Matterson
Moretti
Ofahengaue
Penisini
Russell
Tuilagi
Tuivati

Which of them would you re-sign?
And(or?) at what $value would you re-sign them?

Glenneel

Bench
This is new coach taking control and putting his stamp on the club. Good on management for letting him do his thing and staying out of his way.
Yes there might be some angst by some supporters of the club getting rid of club legends. Obviously Ryles has a vision going forward and identified that speed was lacking and getting rid of Gutho, and now Sivo also apparently, he hopes their replacement players will add that ingredient to the back line. However, if we promote players from within (Pou, do we have those players?) we lose that experience but 2025 might be a rebuilding year with real improvement expected in 2026. We're not privy to his vision going forward so in Ryles we trust but the little bit I've heard he'll be a tough task master. And the holiday we had under BA ends on 1st November. If you want success then hard work is the only way to get you there.

Glenneel

Bench
how so ?

its MONs job to participate in these negotiations and I reckon JR has had some input and talent identification but he cant sign anyone without management getting involved
One would assume Ryles tells MON who he wants and MON determines the price we pay depending on cap space available. If Gutho and Sivo go one would think about $1.5m becomes available which means 3 good players to replace 2. Win win.

Glenneel

Bench
Did he have a Matty Arthur clause as well???

I think it’s a good thing the more Bea Arthur stench out of the place the better.
On MA it was a rookie mistake by Ryles to just release him. We should have made a player swap with Knights, taken one of their promising juniors to fill whatever hole we wanted to fill.

Glenneel

Bench
As we now know Gutherson was told he can chat to others clubs , if he does go why dont Parra go out & look at signing Kotoni staggs as the Bronx will need some salary cap $$ Cobbo & Walsh

1. Iongi
2. Lomax
3. Staggs
4. Penisini
5. Simonsson
6. Brown
7. Moses

would be one of the best backline in the NRL
Staggs won't want to leave Broncs, however, good in attack, poor in D. Do we need another poor defender? Roosters would probably offer $1m $500k under cap and blow everyone out of the water.

Last edited:

Latest posts