What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

King-Gutho94

Coach
There is a bit of a Brian Smith vibe about his signings.
I would have punted MON and brought in Brian Smith as HOF.

It would be perfect role for Brian. And less pressure on him working in the background then being the face of the club.

A sharp football mind to report to the board but also Ryles to lean on instead of a a-grade dope in Buckets we have there currently

Chipmunk

Coach
If Moses doesn't get injured are we still stuck with BA.

Everything happens for a reason.

The BA era needed to end it was time.

We also learnt a bit more about Dylan Brown as well. He wasnt horrible and he is a elite 2IC to Moses.

But expecting him to run the show well that question has been answered and its a firm no.

It's probably helped us as it may turn a few clubs away thinking they could get him to be there Jarome Luai.
Yeah I don't disagree with any of that and we got a large positive out of his injury. I maintained the previous coach held the team back...but the current Best 17 was still a Top 8 team. Not the third worst as our position on the ladder would indicate.

We were 2 from 3 with our only loss to the previous and current Premiers when Moses got injured, so was our best 17 really that bad?

All I'm saying is that it's a high risk strategy without adequate immediate replacements, because they will be harder to come by if we have another poor season.

Chipmunk

Coach
We are long overdue for major changes in personnel and coaching . 11 years of the same ups and downs.

Whoever got the job after BA was sacked would have made drastic changes.

We need to give Ryles a chance.
Yeah I agree...I'm supportive of whatever he is doing. I just think it's high risk that could turn out to bite us on the arse if it doesn't work out.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I prefer these young signings then your A.Davey types.
Risk it for the biscuit
Davey would be in less demand than a youngster with high potential, so he would be cheaper. A 20 year old who’s already as good as a 30+ year old would cost at least twice as much. A 20 year old who’s not as good still might cost more if he has potential.

Avenger

Immortal
That's a good question. As always, it would depend on information I don't have, but if I make a whole bunch of untestable assumptions I would go with:

Brown $1M
Hands $200k
Moretti $200k
Penisini $600k
Russell $200k
Tuilagi $350k
Tuivati $120k
I think all your figures need to go down by 15 to 20%, especially Brown and Penisini.

Avenger

Immortal
If Moses doesn't get injured are we still stuck with BA.

Everything happens for a reason.

The BA era needed to end it was time.

We also learnt a bit more about Dylan Brown as well. He wasnt horrible and he is a elite 2IC to Moses.

But expecting him to run the show well that question has been answered and its a firm no.

It's probably helped us as it may turn a few clubs away thinking they could get him to be there Jarome Luai.
If the space cadet doesn't activate his option and leaves we should go all out for Galvin.

Chipmunk

Coach

It would be perfect role for Brian. And less pressure on him working in the background then being the face of the club.

A sharp football mind to report to the board but also Ryles to lean on instead of a a-grade dope in Buckets we have there currently
I'm intrigued to see what the departure of McElduff and the other board member next year does to the structure of senior positions at the club. That's the last board members gone that owe their gig to the current CEO.

Delboy

First Grade

Even Scott Fulton , who has some idea of signing players, he’d be an upgrade.
Not certain even his old team would look at securing their ex captain and GF Winner as GM, if he was available , and he’s supposed to be the crutch that McElduff leans on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's no risk imo.....

Gutho is done...he is on a massive decline, best to get rid of him asap and start the rebuild now...same with RCG......great player but we got the best years out if him....now it's time to plan ahead....

The most mind boggling thing in all this, is why these guys are signed on such massive overs.....another thing ive mentioned ad nauseam and that continually baffles me is how Paulo is on around 950k per season..truly unbelievable stuff.
We don’t know how much they are on. We are just repeating figures we’ve read.

Latest posts