What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

emjaycee

Coach
MON is just as culpable as BA when it came to the roster.

Even if they didn't agree and the coach got final say.

It's simply unacceptable the roster wasn't filled for 2 years in a row and been caught out with lack of depth.

He isn't the right man if he is just a puppet
What if MON was trying to fill the roster and the person with the final say refused to accept who he was being offered?
It was made clear to me that while BA didn't get EVERY player he wanted (due to salary cap, etc.) he NEVER got given a player he didn't want.

hindy111

Post Whore
What if MON was trying to fill the roster and the person with the final say refused to accept who he was being offered?
It was made clear to me that while BA didn't get EVERY player he wanted (due to salary cap, etc.) he NEVER got given a player he didn't want.

Murchie

King-Gutho94

Coach
Did he write a similar article about Hunt and Dragons......
Ben Hunt Is not really a fair comparison.

Most neutral and Dragons fans can't believe the Dragons are still paying Hunt big bucks for what's he achieved at club level there since he arrived 1 finals appearance in his first season in 2018.

Has he really paid them back.

I reckon most Dragons fans are happy to see Hunt out the door for a fresh start with someone else.

84 Baby

Referee
Ben Hunt Is not really a fair comparison.

Most neutral and Dragons fans can't believe the Dragons are still paying Hunt big bucks for what's he achieved at club level there since he arrived 1 finals appearance in his first season in 2018.

Has he really paid them back.

I reckon most Dragons fans are happy to see Hunt out the door for a fresh start with someone else.
And I think most Eels fans can see our treatment of Gutho as reasonable under the circumstances and in fact if he can’t find a contract to his liking elsewhere doesn’t it also point to it being the correct decision? The only “fans” who think it’s poor treatment are Ayoub and his media mouthpieces. Sorry Gutho you are a champion and I still think you’d be valuable player but in terms of contract negotiations, you’ve used up all your goodwill in previous contract negotiations

Parra Pride

Referee
And I think most Eels fans can see our treatment of Gutho as reasonable under the circumstances and in fact if he can’t find a contract to his liking elsewhere doesn’t it also point to it being the correct decision? The only “fans” who think it’s poor treatment are Ayoub and his media mouthpieces. Sorry Gutho you are a champion and I still think you’d be valuable player but in terms of contract negotiations, you’ve used up all your goodwill in previous contract negotiations
I honestly don’t see value in Gutho outside of fullback. His running game isn’t a threat, so wing and centre aren’t improved by him. I don’t see him adding any value in the suggested bunch utility role, either. So yeah I really don’t see how telling him he’s free to talk to other teams is at all disrespectful. He’s been great for us, and it’d be a shame to see him leave but if Ryles is set on the Longi plan I just don’t see how Gutho fits anywhere else.

Pazza

First Grade

16 mins 40 seconds

Some interesting comments here about Ryles and the developing relationship with Moses. First I've heard of it, if it's true.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Some gossip for you. My source told me they believe, and it’s common discussion at Parra, that Hopgood is our captain in waiting such is the respect for him and his contribution to our club.

It’s only opinion of course, but an interesting one.

Hopgood should be our next skipper.
I believe someone on here called for Hopgood to be our next skipper way back in May.

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
He should be blaming the players , player managers and the RLPA as they are the ones insisting on players being able to sign elsewhere a year prior to contract expiring .
This would have been a different story if old June deadline was allowed to be put back in place

why should the club risk extending him on whatever $$ when next contract 1st game is 18 months away

84 Baby

Referee
I honestly don’t see value in Gutho outside of fullback. His running game isn’t a threat, so wing and centre aren’t improved by him. I don’t see him adding any value in the suggested bunch utility role, either. So yeah I really don’t see how telling him he’s free to talk to other teams is at all disrespectful. He’s been great for us, and it’d be a shame to see him leave but if Ryles is set on the Longi plan I just don’t see how Gutho fits anywhere else.
I think he’d be a decent for us at centre, obviously not at the same price point, and if Drown or Moses left, he’d be good in halves, again still not at same price point. He also reportedly provides outstanding conditioning standards (although evidence of that actually benefitting the club isn’t great) which is very important in a squad even if it doesn’t correlate to his individual performance.
But as I said the rhetoric of past negotiations of “the club doesn’t value me”, really bites you in the arse when it gets to the stage where yes the club doesn’t value you. I’ve no doubt it’s all come from his manager but he should’ve put his big boy pants on and dealt with it last time around.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Btw does Dylan Brown potential ticking time bomb with his ACL should that be a consideration if Gutho comes to us for a release for next year.

Now it's all good saying Hawkins is a backup and can fill in.

But it's rolling the dice a lot with Moses being stuck with a Rookie FB and a backup half if Drown goes down and we don't have Gutho as an insurance policy for 2025 at a minimum.

Like it's just asking for trouble.

Latest posts