What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Whingers and Occasional Optimism XXIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
I think Norman/Foran will be our halves for the next 4 years. Eventually Dargan and Turnbull will take over if they realise their potential. Cornish will get a go this year when Foran has a rest.

yy_cheng

Coach
You guys talk up Cornish. I haven't seen him play, if I did, I didn't see anything which left an imprint on my mind

But then I only watch the eels and the final series

It sounds like all the hoopla about Steve and mickey Witt and the Keating bros.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You guys talk up Cornish. I haven't seen him play, if I did, I didn't see anything which left an imprint on my mind

But then I only watch the eels and the final series

It sounds like all the hoopla about Steve and mickey Witt and the Keating bros.

Cornish is a good attacking player, which is why he draws accolades in reserve grade. He is very short though, which makes him a defensive liability (more than other halves).

Avenger

Immortal
Height has nothing to do with it. Foran is short, so was Toovey. Two of the best defensive halves in the modern era.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Height has nothing to do with it. Foran is short, so was Toovey. Two of the best defensive halves in the modern era.

Foran is about 180cm - not short. Cornish is listed as 177cm, which I doubt. He looks a couple of inches shorter than that.

Toovey was indeed a midget, but he played in an era where there was no requirement to make first contact with the ball carrying arm. These days he would be a massive liability, giving up offloads and quick play-the-balls every time he was targeted.

Avenger

Immortal
Foran is about 180cm - not short. Cornish is listed as 177cm, which I doubt. He looks a couple of inches shorter than that.

Toovey was indeed a midget, but he played in an era where there was no requirement to make first contact with the ball carrying arm. These days he would be a massive liability, giving up offloads and quick play-the-balls every time he was targeted.

Foran is lying too. I'm 180cm and I'm taller than him.

Fanbase

Juniors

seriously you have never watched a game of rugby league have you? Toovey and Langer are just the tip of the ice berg with shorter players and were stars. your logic about how games were played as compared to the modern game are rubbish as well.
I am sure kelly will measure up to your opinion of a modern half :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts