What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours from the official forum

True EEL

Bench
well i knew all this would happen when you openly sack your coach (whatever i think of BS) before the start of his final season and have him coaching with a noose around his neck

not to mention that he then signs a new contract with another high profile cub

bot to mention half the playing roster is off contract

i'm sorry, but 1000 years at Parra as a player and administrator aside, DF is an absolute goose at times and if the seaosn continues to blow up before his eyes he only has himself to blame

and if any of this is true about Hagan, well it looks like things are going to get weaker for us at Parra as some of his "rumoured" ideas seem a bit loopy

lets worry about next season, next season.
We have plenty of problems now to worry about.
The Dogs are going to smash us by 40 on Sunday.

True EEL

Bench
i take these "rumours" about what Hagan likes and thinks with a big grain of salt, i mean hey he basically doesn't like or wants to dump our whole playing roster

True EEL

Bench
yes, i would want to scrap the team captain and NZ international prop, who is the only one ALL of his current teamamtes listen too.....coo-koo coo-koo???

True EEL

Bench
and i'm sorry but he also 'apparently' doesn't rate our beloved Tim Smith, John Morris and the list goes on, so it's not just Cayless and Vella??

fish eel

Immortal
True EEL said:
well i knew all this would happen when you openly sack your coach (whatever i think of BS) before the start of his final season and have him coaching with a noose around his neck

not to mention that he then signs a new contract with another high profile cub

bot to mention half the playing roster is off contract

i'm sorry, but 1000 years at Parra as a player and administrator aside, DF is an absolute goose at times and if the seaosn continues to blow up before his eyes he only has himself to blame

and if any of this is true about Hagan, well it looks like things are going to get weaker for us at Parra as some of his "rumoured" ideas seem a bit loopy

That could easily be Michael Hagan you are talking about.

They seem to be going alright.

Or Matthew Elliot, who seems to have Canberra travelling OK considering the talent on their roster.

True EEL

Bench
different situations, particularly with Hagan

the big difference - Newcastle 'wanted' Hagan back, but he wanted to opt out, so they are still happy to have him here this year

and also BS's situation set the precedent this off-season - it happened first - add all that to a few early losses = potential disaster

Hurriflatch

Referee
Newcastle may not have wanted Hagan

They were going to review his contract mid year

now considering how the Knights have gone Hagan would've been kept but it was far from certain when Parra chased him.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Newcastle were never going to retain Hagan, even if it was Nucifora type situation, it was never going to happen.

Stagger eel

Staff member
True EEL said:

how would you have handled the situation? ..personaly Fitzy did what he had to do under the circumstances, the whole thing was un-avoidable..unless

A] you give Smith give an extension of his contract.

or

B] make the decision at the end of the year and risk the coach going anyway and have the players you're negotiating with , internally or externally hold off on talks until a decision is made, inwhich case it would of been unworkable. ;-)

PB

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
Newcastle may not have wanted Hagan

They were going to review his contract mid year

now considering how the Knights have gone Hagan would've been kept but it was far from certain when Parra chased him.

Do you think Hagan is going that great? They have shown significant deficencies in their game when Johns doesn't play, or is not 100% fit. Question marks could be made as to how much they have actually improved (a few individuals aside)..