What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours from the official forum

Parra Guru

Coach
When did Hindy and Vella debut? Or does it not just count for first grade?

I think Burty joined us in 1999.

The Colonel

Immortal
2. The Long Serving Player or Veterans' Allowance - This allowance takes effect for the 2003 season onwards. The allowance provides an exemption of up to $100,000 for each Club if they have a player or players that have been at their Club for ten years since they first played grade for their Club. For the Storm, Cowboys and Warriors the player must have been at the Club since its inception.

If we were to keep those four players effectively the exemption could be split four ways between the three. It is more likely only one will get it though.

spiderdan

Bench
MarkInTheStands said:
Interesting as he has been offered a contract here and is considering it.
i hope you are right mits.

my info came from someone who has provided me with a couple of good bits of info in the past (and nothing dodgey either). i asked one of the trainers about it. he enquired and then confirmed to me that williams would be at manly next year.

parralight

Juniors
talking about Kidley .. I dont know why people here on the forum dont rate him.
Ive really been watching him play for the knights since the rumour of him becoming an eel and I must say that he has really impressed me.
The one thing that stands out with Kidley to me is his fitness. He seems so very fit and never stops. I certainly would not be unhappy with him coming to the eels.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parralight said:
talking about Kidley .. I dont know why people here on the forum dont rate him.
Ive really been watching him play for the knights since the rumour of him becoming an eel and I must say that he has really impressed me.
The one thing that stands out with Kidley to me is his fitness. He seems so very fit and never stops. I certainly would not be unhappy with him coming to the eels.

oh! so there's 2 of us :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
jesus!! :shock:

they're coming out of the closet now..I rate him, he's a fine footballer who will add alot to our side if he signs.

half

Coach
i don't see why we should bring in kurt gidley when we have a better looking option in john morris

fish eel

Immortal
Suitman said:
I'd take him, if the deal included Newcastle taking Burt and Vella off our hands.

Suity

ffs you'd take eela if it involved someone talking those two off our hands :lol:

spiderdan said:
i hope you are right mits.

my info came from someone who has provided me with a couple of good bits of info in the past (and nothing dodgey either). i asked one of the trainers about it. he enquired and then confirmed to me that williams would be at manly next year.

Yeah well mine came from a top ranking official who's subordinates are dealing with the players.

Hurriflatch

Referee
half said:
i don't see why we should bring in kurt gidley when we have a better looking option in john morris

If looks were all it took to be a footballer then I'd be Andrew Johns