What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo1

First Grade
I know brains don't run in the Leilua family, but him signing with NQLD was a perfect case of a player chasing dollars without thinking of anything else, and he is now suffering the consequences. No doubt a greedy manager in his ear telling him to take the deal.

Nutz

Bench
Pass on Luciano, he deliberately played dead, kicking stones and sulking to get a release from the WT so why on earth would we want him back.
Where did you read that benchy, he ain't coming here, he's going back to Saints. Good riddens hey.

Tigerm

Coach
NBWT twitter
- David Nofoaluma has signed a one year deal with Salford Red Devils in the English Super League, effective immediately (Telegraph)

Good luck, Nof!

Tiger Ted

Bench
NBWT twitter
- David Nofoaluma has signed a one year deal with Salford Red Devils in the English Super League, effective immediately (Telegraph)

Good luck, Nof!
Not surprised he has gone to the z grade super league. No nrl club in their right mind would’ve been interested in signing the pathetic ingrate.To think that the imbecilic megalomaniac Hag was celebrating when he arranged a 500k per annum contract for his useless mate.Thank goodness for the Review & the major & savvy decisions emanating from results of the review.

Nutz

Bench
Not surprised he has gone to the z grade super league. No nrl club in their right mind would’ve been interested in signing the pathetic ingrate.To think that the imbecilic megalomaniac Hag was celebrating when he arranged a 500k per annum contract for his useless mate.Thank goodness for the Review & the major & savvy decisions emanating from results of the review.
He only needs a contract of around AU200k to go with his 300k that he leached out of us. Super League is a no brainer.
However he'll definitely be running on rollerskates over there with the thicker grass. ;)

Nutz

Bench
Leilua looking for 4 years at $900k per season?
Great money if you can get it?
These days a player like Lucy is required to play anywhere in the pack except N⁰9. Middle/edge/left or right. The game needs them on the park.
Lucy averages 44.2 NRL Fantasy points per game [a good guide to how a player is performing] where a player like our Isaiah Papali'i averages 52.1 and is contracted just over 600k I believe and he could have played even better imo.
Workhorse Hopgood who can play middle/edge averages 61ppg and is streets ahead of Lucy.
These are the best imo and Lucy isn't amongst them.

1 David Fifita
2 Tino Fa’asuamaleaui
3 J’maine Hopgood
4 Haumole Olakau’atu
5 Briton Nikora
6 Pat Carrigan
7 Isaah Yeo
8 Eli Katoa
9 Shaun Lane
10 Keaon Koloamatangi
11 Cam Murray
12 Ryan Matterson
Apart from Lucy and Matterson I'd welcome any of these guys.
However Lucy would go well at the Dragons under their new coach Flanno but nowhere near 900k.

Tigerm

Coach
News corp twitter:
Paul Kent will return as host on NRL 360 after being stood down last season amid serious assault allegations.

Kent has been cleared of any wrongdoing and will be part of FOX League’s Las Vegas extravaganza.

Nutz

Bench
News corp twitter:
Paul Kent will return as host on NRL 360 after being stood down last season amid serious assault allegations.

Kent has been cleared of any wrongdoing and will be part of FOX League’s Las Vegas extravaganza.
I wonder if he'll be less aggressive in debating with other journos so as not to indicate he has an aggressive side to him?

BrotherJim05

Bench
From what I understand, his ex-missus broke into his house while he was working to barate him for something he did/didn't do, took his phone and refused to give it back. A scuffle ensued to which he grabbed her arm hard enough to leave a mark. She accused him of doing more than this but all the evidence pointed towards Kents version of events being more accurate. At the end of the day, she broke into his house uninvited...don't really have much of a leg to stand on if that happens.

This is purely from what I remember reading. Could be completely wrong, please correct me if so