What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors

This is the money quote right here:

Justin Pascoe said:
There were lines of authority and delegations that didn’t always give the CEO full control over everything.

We've known for years that the position of CEO at the Wests Tigers is a lame duck one. Ever since Scotty Longmuir got the sack for trying to impose some accountability in the football department, we've known that every CEO has been operating in a straight jacket. It will be the same for Richo as well unless the governance model is reformed. Richo knows this, which is why he only agreed to be interim CEO.

I haven't watched the full interview yet, but Justin coming out and letting people know just how badly he was hamstrung in his position is good for us fans. Hopefully it will apply more pressure to keep the club honest and follow through the reforms that are so sorely needed.

WA Tiger

Bench
This is the money quote right here:

We've known for years that the position of CEO at the Wests Tigers is a lame duck one. Ever since Scotty Longmuir got the sack for trying to impose some accountability in the football department, we've known that every CEO has been operating in a straight jacket. It will be the same for Richo as well unless the governance model is reformed. Richo knows this, which is why he only agreed to be interim CEO.

I haven't watched the full interview yet, but Justin coming out and letting people know just how badly he was hamstrung in his position is good for us fans. Hopefully it will apply more pressure to keep the club honest and follow through the reforms that are so sorely needed.
I may be wrong but I got the impression from what Pascoe said (and only reading) that he became hamstrung lately..like he didn’t have the free rein on decisions that he used to have.. How recent that changed? But I could imagine maybe well after Lee joined his comedy show and maybe some time after their sheens coaching decision was made then rubber stamped by the board and then that turned to shit..
This would explain how the west tigers fell into a hole after Pascoes appointment that we only now appear to be climbing out of. That the board knew nothing about rugby league would have only contributed to Pascoe having disproportional power earlier on..
He certainly spoke like he used to have that power, but it was taken away from him, at which point he lost interest in the job
The funny thing is he spoke about it like that was a bad thing

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Author wouldn’t be able to work with Bennett ..only room for one Chinese tiger (the boss) in the joint ..same with Madge and sheens

BrotherJim05

Bench
Twitter saying Stacey Jones is the new NZ coach, knocking Bennett out?
I'm glad they went with Jones over Bennett. They need a long term coach who can bring sustained success to New Zealand at an international level. I've gotten so bored watching Australia win so easily, seeing them get smashed by 30 re-lit the fire. Bennet might be able to turn up the heat but not for long enough.

simmo05

Bench

Broncos skipper pens new deal that includes post-career sweetener:​

Good on him, but didn’t we get slaughtered for doing that for Farah?
Tigers ain't the broncos. Andrew gee was giving out paper bags, and when the nrl wanted to question him he just quit and refused to meet with them! merkins are untouchable

Tigerm

First Grade
Sharon Woods predicting the WT to come last again, who really gives a sh#t what that bog average soft one thinks, he should be the last person to rate any team or player in the NRL based on his own limp performances.
Has any team improved with his presence?

Tigerm

First Grade
IMG_0682.jpeg
I don’t know anymore than what this photo is stating.
I do remember his name being mentioned but didn’t read anymore.
Does anyone know if he’s back here working with us?

Last edited: