What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Wizardman

First Grade
Of course mate, dumbo Nutz :)
I got all excited when I saw it because in the latest Behind The Roar podcast Richo said Benji was going to get more help :)

The only help we could get before 2025 will be some off cut from a rival NRL / ESL club. Let's hope Nathan Cleary takes a shit in somebody's shoe and gets released to here.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Of course mate, dumbo Nutz :)
I got all excited when I saw it because in the latest Behind The Roar podcast Richo said Benji was going to get more help :)

My guess is it has more to do with coaching staff or mentoring.

Has Wayne finished with the Dolphins?

Nutz

Bench
He just added Flegler, Farnworth and Jake Averillo so I think they'll do better.
It's their forwards of young and old that's the key imo.... the Bromwich brothers, Stone, Wallace, Nicholls etc that smells of an aging pack. Yes they do have Gilbert but even Kaufusi who's over 30 surely he's getting close to a swansong.
It will be interesting if the NRL super coach Wayne Bennett, who comes off contract at the Dolphins at the end of the 2024, will be thrown the cheque book by the Eels actually happens.
He is Qld stock and at his age I think the stars have aligned to stay up there.
Woolf has always been Bennett's successor so maybe 74yr old Wayne should take time out to smell the roses.

Tigerm

First Grade

“If the salary cap actually does its job and actually spreads the depth, you won’t notice that the difference between team No. 1 and between team No. 20 is as big as what it could be if they don’t fix the salary cap.”

Personally, I don't see 20 teams working, unless you bring in 1st & 2nd division (2 x 10 team) comps, with promotion and relegation?
I just don't see the depth available to run 1 x 20 team (600 players) comp.

BrotherJim05

Bench

“If the salary cap actually does its job and actually spreads the depth, you won’t notice that the difference between team No. 1 and between team No. 20 is as big as what it could be if they don’t fix the salary cap.”

Personally, I don't see 20 teams working, unless you bring in 1st & 2nd division (2 x 10 team) comps, with promotion and relegation?
I just don't see the depth available to run 1 x 20 team (600 players) comp.

I'd support 24 teams with two divisions of 12. There are enough teams to make it up, it would really just come down to a broadcasting negotiation but I feel it could work.

Promote/relegate two teams each year. Would be interesting to see if Tigers could get out of division two

Tigerm

First Grade
I'd support 24 teams with two divisions of 12. There are enough teams to make it up, it would really just come down to a broadcasting negotiation but I feel it could work.

Promote/relegate two teams each year. Would be interesting to see if Tigers could get out of division two
Yep, the first division would have the best players and second division would have fringe players as a rule, I think long term contracts would be a thing of the past?

Tiger Ted

Bench

With our enviable junior nursery in the MacArthur region we need to prioritise with investing heavily in developing this vast resource at our disposal as this would give us a huge leg up in ensuring we are consistently qualifying for division 1.

Tigerm

First Grade
With our enviable junior nursery in the MacArthur region we need to prioritise with investing heavily in developing this vast resource at our disposal as this would give us a huge leg up in ensuring we are consistently qualifying for division 1.
I’m a firm believer we have most things in place to be a successful club, obviously the results aren’t there yet, but when they come and they will, we will be a huge power of the game.
Maybe why Richo wants to stay?

Tiger Ted

Bench

Should we be invited to go next year to the US?
Would anyone go, if we got a gig?
I like Nick.Ive met him a few times & he’s a really good person & quite understated & the exact opposite to the dickhead chairman we were burdened with until he was finally sacked.However I disagree with his view that the 2 winners should get automatic preference as they’ve unitially had an unfair advantage when they were amongst the 1st 4 teams to have the privilege of showcasing the game in Sin City.The privilege should b conferred on 4 different teams each yr.We are a powerful brand but such a shit team that it will b a while b4 we get an invite.

Tigerm

First Grade
I like Nick.Ive met him a few times & he’s a really good person & quite understated & the exact opposite to the dickhead chairman we were burdened with until he was finally sacked.However I disagree with his view that the 2 winners should get automatic preference as they’ve unitially had an unfair advantage when they were amongst the 1st 4 teams to have the privilege of showcasing the game in Sin City.The privilege should b conferred on 4 different teams each yr.We are a powerful brand but such a shit team that it will b a while b4 we get an invite.
Yeah, it is a silly suggestion, the NRL is for all clubs.

Yeah, it is a silly suggestion, the NRL is for all clubs.
But would add, there is only 1 team that deserves to go and that's Penrith, IMO.

If you were picking the teams today, or even just out of a hat, the Tigers, based on the last 2 years certainly don't deserve to be a team that showcases the game.