What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo05

Bench
I reckon Tamou will be good for us. We have a real problem with consistency and switching off in matches. We don't need him to be an enforcer, just someone that will inspire others to stay alert and focused on their effort areas for the full 80.

Eisenhuth will be a serviceable enough depth middle forward for you blokes, just like he was for us. I'm not upset he's leaving, but I wouldn't have been disappointed if he was re-signed either.

Jennings was really disappointing though. He has the size to be a decent winger, but he never seemed to have any speed or power, which would have been forgivable if he ever showed any hunger or desire to find the try line. He never crossed the line whenever there was a half chance that you'd expect a first grade winger to finish off and for someone of his size, it was frustrating as hell.
He was f**king pus for the last 2 years, if Reynolds was given half the chance Jennings was, benji would have left last year

WA Tiger

Bench
WTF are you on about f**kwit.
I respect the guy, but he is 35yo and it’s time to retire. Would you prefer him do a Changa Langlands?
.[/QUOTE

But he needs to remember that we are probably a bit more lenient about him then other clubs may be, he could find himself ending his career in reserve grade, which would be a shame.

Also being reported that Benji has gone to the cowboys.
Good luck to him, but can’t work out why he would?

..different opinions to suit each occasion as usual..now you will say Benjis too good for NQ and how much he can help them? And now he has your favour because he’s suddenly not in such a vulnerable position and has a team that sees what he has to offer..not least of all Thurston who is not part of any old boys club....and is no mug.....at least Front Rower sticks to his maniacal dislike of Benji.
I’m happy being the only one happy Benjis likely found a gig for next year despite all the odds.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
..different opinions to suit each occasion as usual..now you will say Benjis too good for NQ and how much he can help them? And now he has your favour because he’s suddenly not in such a vulnerable position and has a team that sees what he has to offer..not least of all Thurston who is not part of any old boys club....and is no mug.....at least Front Row sticks to his maniacal dislike of Benji.
I’m happy being the only one happy Benjis likely found a gig for next year despite all the odds.
I really don’t know what the f**k you are talking about. Stick to facts.

I don’t dislike Benji and have never said that, but imo he is to old that’s all, he had a good future here in the background and his media, but wants to play on at his age.

You’ve got one of my quotes there, where I don’t think another club will be as forgiving as Madge was. BTW, do you who Graham (Changa) Langlands was?

So I guess you leave us now and go and annoy the Cowboys forum.

..10 different opinions to suit each occasion as usual..now you will say Benjis too good for NQ and how much he can help them? And he has your favour because he’s suddenly not in such a vulnerable position and has a team that sees what he has to offer..not least of all Thurston who is not part of any old boys club....and is no mug.....at least Front Row sticks to his maniacal dislike of Benji.
I’m happy being the only one happy Benjis found a gig for next year despite all the odds.

I’m not anti benji, but having his testimonial after the match last year and ignoring us filth didn’t exactly make us warm to the occasion.

Especially when Moses, Rowdy and a few others could make it over.

Then there’s the troubles, but less said about that the better.

He will get more game time with the cows I think.

Father Time has caught up with him. Good luck.

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m not anti benji, but having his testimonial after the match last year and ignoring us filth didn’t exactly make us warm to the occasion.

Especially when Moses, Rowdy and a few others could make it over.

Then there’s the troubles, but less said about that the better.

He will get more game time with the cows I think.

Father Time has caught up with him. Good luck.
You think you’ve seen troubles this year...Next year will likely dwarf them

WA Tiger

Bench
I really don’t know what the f**k you are talking about. Stick to facts.

I don’t dislike Benji and have never said that, but imo he is to old that’s all, he had a good future here in the background and his media, but wants to play on at his age.

You’ve got one of my quotes there, where I don’t think another club will be as forgiving as Madge was. BTW, do you who Graham (Changa) Langlands was?

So I guess you leave us now and go and annoy the Cowboys forum.
You want to swear like a boy less and focus more on your point..I think I might have misconstrued..When u asked Why would he go there I thought U were saying why is he going to that useless club where in actual fact you were saying he just shouldn’t play..Fair enough ..We will find out next year

Last edited:
If he’s too high and mighty to get his ass over to us scum and acknowledge our cheers and accolades he can f**k off.

Waiting back in the cold so he could ignore us was a joke.

My mate steve said he “ benjis turned into a wanker”
as we walked out.

So not much time for him after that.

But critically, he’s not the same player and gets worse over time. Happens to almost all players. Sad but that’s the reality.

Other players who can suck in person include Noddy and Brandy.

Last edited:
About time you stopped tip toeing around the place...

Well I’ve been over at the panthers giving it to ivan but also trying to help them through the tough days.

I thought @Vic Mackey might have been going a bit hard on one of them, but now I think quite differently. I regret doubting vic. He wouldnt care what I thought, but due is due.

Last edited:
Just on the dark and forlorn days of Ivan

His contract with us would have expired now, so basically all of his betrayal didn’t amount to the result he desperately craved. He almost got there, but he prematurely ejaculated and failed to get the panthers pregnant with glory!

There remain some really good panther folk who aren’t proud of the chapter. They get it completely. I like them.

WA Tiger

Bench
You want to swear like a boy less and focus more on your point..I think I might have misconstrued when u asked why would Benji go there? I thought U were saying why is he going to that useless club where in actual fact you were saying he just shouldn’t play..Fair enough ..We will find out next year
TigerM..Having thought about this new angle 05 is right ..Obviously Benji just wants to play next year and now he has the opportunity, despite you and others thinking he didn’t have a chance..So Why would you have a problem with him or anyone doing what they love..I don’t get your vindictiveness and both you and Front Rowers seeming desperation to see him fail...I mean he won’t even be at the tigers next year ? so my original comment stands. Feel free to swear your little heart out..
When it comes to getting a gig playing, just like on the field, Benji will TRY assist his way into a spot like few others can when options appear few, coz hes still got it , so why not use it..
And now that he’s likely still in the game and shown us how not to give up and the rewards for having a winning attitude, and overcoming seemingly insurmountable obstacles despite being surrounded by a wall of doubt, feel free to wish him well and be inspired. He won’t mind, it’s nothing new. Or remain bitter and twisted like the other fast ageing cynics.
Neither side has ever had any bearing on his decision to play on. Doing what he loves is his only consideration. And that understandably doesn’t include working under Sargent Major Madge. Make sense?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
TigerM..Having thought about this new angle 05 is right ..Obviously Benji just wants to play next year and now he has the opportunity, despite you and others thinking he didn’t have a chance..So Why would you have a problem with him or anyone doing what they love..I don’t get your vindictiveness and both you and Front Rowers seeming desperation to see him fail...I mean he won’t even be at the tigers next year ? so my original comment stands. Feel free to swear your little heart out..
When it comes to getting a gig playing, just like on the field, Benji will TRY assist his way into a spot like few others can when options appear few, coz hes still got it so why not use it..
And now that he’s likely still in the game and shown us how not to give up and the rewards for having a winning attitude, and overcoming seemingly insurmountable obstacles despite being surrounded by a wall of doubt, feel free to wish him well and be inspired. He won’t mind, it’s nothing new. Or remain bitter and twisted like the other fast ageing cynics.
Neither side has ever had any bearing on his decision to play on. Doing what he loves is his only consideration. And that understandably doesn’t include working under Sargent Major Madge. Make sense?
WOW, you should consider lowering your dosage, you are rambling and raving like a lunatic.

The best thing about Benji leaving will be you f**king off to annoy there forum with your star sign dribble.

Enjoy your journey.

WA Tiger

Bench
WOW, you should consider lowering your dosage, you are rambling and raving like a lunatic.

The best thing about Benji leaving will be you f**king off to annoy there forum with your star sign dribble.

Enjoy your journey.
Mate with your limited knowledge on league and your youth (you sound like your 14) I think you’d be more suited to a “make friends” or “find a father figure” type forum rather than a league forum.I really don’t think the league aspect is that important to you. When u say shit on a league forum you gotta be able to back it up and know there’s consequences re feedback if your talking shit..throwing a tantrum every time someone disagrees with you might work for you in your life, but it doesn’t cut it here

Last edited:
It’s amazing how the game has evolved this year.

I think the traditional patterns of positional attributes are giving way.

I remember Dean Young and his amazing skill set and there’s no reason why we shouldn’t belt the plod out of our forwards and get them practising kicks, double pumps, long passing apart from offloads etc.

This merkin hospital passing to a speedy winger who runs inside from kick off is too predictable. We need to mix our return options.

There was some superb set plays from the knights and the bunnies this year. One of the things I abhor in the game is the wasted tackle unless the players are tired.

What is coming in the game, the future, is the attempt to score off almost every set. So players are really going to have to be alert to opportunities.

I also worry a bit about the speed of the game and would prefer four quarters and compulsory body armour, especially knee padding or whatever.

Acls are killing us. It’s not right.

Last edited: