What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
What do we have to lose?!

It's not just about performing today it's about developing a team to be successful over a number of years. We finally get a guy who looks dangerous in the halves. A guy who has plenty of flaws to work on but also heaps of positives.

To clarify your question we potentially lose developing a team capable of becoming a top 4 team because we keep expecting players to learn different positions in the top grade.

I think we should be building around Doueihi.

WA Tiger

Bench
Nene McDonald was mentioned..He’d fix a lot of problems..Top notch winger..
I wonder if IQ can affect a players ability You wouldn’t think so but for Talau and Kepa I do wonder..
I’d love to know who took his eyes off Burgess and missed THE tackle against south’s..I just couldn’t pick it up on the box

We are building around Doogie, but I want to maximise the number of our best players on field.

Because I believe in individual talent over positional aptitude.

if Brooksy can manage 5/8 and you add the defcon level of Doogie ( and the cut out or kick) you have a screaming confrontational bender of an attack. Multiple threat levels coming in from everywhere.

Add Naden and sheesh,we are in business.

I’m going off Benjis insights for this model.

Doogie can play anywhere in the backline and in the forwards at a pinch. Might cruel his origin chances in some ways, but he’d make interchange.

Doogie is a f**king gun.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
We are building around Doogie, but I want to maximise the number of our best players on field.

if Brooksy can manage 5/8 and you add the defcon level of Doogie ( and the cut out or kick) you have a screaming confrontational bender of an attack. Multiple threat levels coming in from everywhere.

Doogie can play anywhere in the backline and in the forwards at a pinch. Might cruel his origin chances in some ways, but he’d make interchange.

Doogie is a f**king gun.
On the other site, there is talk that Naden is being chased by he Dogs and Eels as well? Apparently not yet signed?

On the other site, there is talk that Naden is being chased by he Dogs and Eels as well? Apparently not yet signed?

No, my mail is that he’s ours.

Besides, we have a stronger team environment than eels and dogs at the moment, plenty of used smug he will know well. Tamou stuck up for him big time in the drug thing when he didn’t have to. He stood by him in his hour of need. Players appreciate this.

He will look at Laurie and be amazed by his development. A lot of players look up to the jet. He’s a big draw card as a team mate.

Plus we welcome the social outcasts. Send us your filth, criminals etc and even we don’t win, we will make good men out of them.

We were first to come in and hug him and tell him it’s ok and we can help him stay off the mind-screwing shite.

Stay calm and look forward to his imminent arrival.

549C3195-D5F0-4127-8269-7ED4527FF5FB.jpeg
I call him “the quiet marquee”.

Footy poetry, Magpie material, a la Leedsy.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Tigers boys will be happy they finally have someone {Naden} in the team who has the number of a reliable dealer for after the game..

Last edited:
He was on St Clair Comets money with the Smug.

A genuine insult for a player of his ability.

It costs us more for Brooksy to tie up his bootlaces and put his mouth guard in.

BrotherJim05

Bench
If snorting a bit of cocaine while you're on a bender after your team's GF is considered to be enough of a red flag to steer clear of the player then by that logic we should completely steer clear of Munster and Cheese if they come onto market.

I'm not saying it should be condoned, but seriously...use common sense

Until we start making finals we won't be signing any marquee players, so youngsters with huge potential are perfect signings for us. If he flops (or does any more of that dreaded white powder everyone speaks of) then it's no big deal to our cap. Move on, thanks for playing.

If snorting a bit of cocaine while you're on a bender after your team's GF is considered to be enough of a red flag to steer clear of the player then by that logic we should completely steer clear of Munster and Cheese if they come onto market.

Until we start making finals we won't be signing any marquee players, so youngsters with huge potential are perfect signings for us. If he flops (or does any more of that dreaded white powder everyone speaks of) then it's no big deal to our cap. Move on, thanks for playing.

I was reading up on cocaine and was surprised to learn 2.4% of Australians ingested it at some time last year. So on the average, maybe pabout 11 nrl players into it.

It’s can be really addictive and you can develop a tolerance.

How’s this for a side effect: after using for awhile, many people get the sensation of bugs and insects crawling all over them- even when they aren’t using!!

4137AD8B-2661-4B37-9972-9AED0AC1AEAC.jpeg

Then I suppose with the phantom bugs crawling about under the skin (because they don’t exist), comes the incessant scratching, bleeding, you might try to squash them leaving bruises, try poisons etc

A bit like people who lose a limb but their sensations tell them it still exists. I’ve met them.

We could educate Nado and help him avoid all this before it’s too late.

stryker

First Grade

Doogie is a f**king gun.
Haha he is just ok

stryker

First Grade

It was before the GF.

stryker

First Grade
I was reading up on cocaine and was surprised to learn 2.4% of Australians ingested it at some time last year. So on the average, maybe pabout 11 nrl players into it.

It’s can be really addictive and you can develop a tolerance.

How’s this for a side effect: after using for awhile, many people get the sensation of bugs and insects crawling all over them- even when they aren’t using!!

View attachment 47803

Then I suppose with the phantom bugs crawling about under the skin (because they don’t exist), comes the incessant scratching, bleeding, you might try to squash them leaving bruises, try poisons etc

A bit like people who lose a limb but their sensations tell them it still exists. I’ve met them.

We could educate Nado and help him avoid all this before it’s too late.
11 nrl players?
The figure would be way higher

11 nrl players?
The figure would be way higher
Over represented in cocaine stats? Perhaps. Mmm.

They can afford it, but they get tested so they would need to be careful plus the overwhelming majority of players are good law abiding folk anyway.

A lot of them, their bodies are a temple. They are very serious about their diets etc.

Last edited: