What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Hasn’t he failed at two other clubs?

Why would you want him, what would he offer that we don’t already have?
Explained above.

So long as we have to rely on mck, jock and Billy for reserve threat, we have serious performance and credibility issues.

He’s a seasoned first grader, very capable on his day and like Burton is blamed everytime Saints lose.

I found it interesting that Brooks found his mojo after we signed Hastings and Doogies loss is near fatal. Our players often respond to pushing.

We need some class. Try not to focus on his bad side, he has some good attributes.

Madge might be a good coach for him.

Tiger05

First Grade
Big no for me in relation to Norman. We have better. Brooks, Doueihi, Mbye and Hastings are fighting it out for the half roles next season. Madden could come on as well.

That spot should be used elsewhere.

gordsy

Juniors
I'm not sure how I feel about Burgess signing with us. If he was injury free and it was for a year or two it could do a lot of good off the field as in teach the boys what needs to be done but then again they could all end up on 3 day benders too... . On the field I don't know...

Big no for me in relation to Norman. We have better. Brooks, Doueihi, Mbye and Hastings are fighting it out for the half roles next season. Madden could come on as well.

That spot should be used elsewhere.
I think we play with a bit more spice if the side thinks they are under the personal pressure and not from vanilla reserves and back ups.

Corey is no longer golden Marquee but still in the hunt for blinder. I might add that he hasn’t had the best from his team mates over the last few years.

Sam Burgess used strategically on the interchange to stiffen up the danger periods would be fine, once again, subject to price.

I share @Wizardmans previous (fair) concerns about the effect of the off field distractions on Sam, even if we differ on the seriousness. He may have to have a probationary period apply. There would a comeback element with teeth, unlike sbw. He was one of the best forwards of our time, but not as good as Adrian Morley.

I have a friend who played the game almost to nrl level and he ranks Moz Morley as the greatest rugby league player of all time. No exceptions, he won’t be turned.

stryker

First Grade
I think we play with a bit more spice if the side thinks they are under the personal pressure and not from vanilla reserves and back ups.

Corey is no longer golden Marquee but still in the hunt for blinder. I might add that he hasn’t had the best from his team mates over the last few years.

Sam Burgess used strategically on the interchange to stiffen up the danger periods would be fine, once again, subject to price.

I share @Wizardmans previous (fair) concerns about the effect of the off field distractions on Sam, even if we differ on the seriousness. He may have to have a probationary period apply. There would a comeback element with teeth, unlike sbw. He was one of the best forwards of our time, but not as good as Adrian Morley.

I have a friend who played the game almost to nrl level and he ranks Moz Morley as the greatest rugby league player of all time. No exceptions, he won’t be turned.
Shane Webcke kept Adrian Morley in his wife’s handbag as a pet.

Tiger Ted

Bench

I wouldn’t swap the gentleman & machismo Gareth Ellis for SB or Morley.Magnificent player & an even better person.

Vic Mackey

Referee

At the end of the day I think its extremely long odds to ever happen. Firstly he was medically retired when he had a contract until the end of 2023. The NRL would have to clear him to come back and this would no doubt have implications on Souths salary cap. My assumption is the NRL and Souths would do evetything possible to not allow this.

Then even if that was all sorted he would have to want to come and play for us, not the club which he spilt blood for for over a decade and is synonymous with. He will no doubt have a job for life with Souths which he will lose for a what, year contract (he is 32) with us? Unlikley

Ned Kelly

Juniors
One thing i noticed about Panthers is that the lettuce etc there embedded into the kebab is crisp and ice cold. This of course signifies the freshness of product which is encouraging and a nod to their efforts to provide a fundamentally sound texture experience.

But and however, the price of such freshness is the genuine risk of the expedited cooling of the whole kebab.

Hence, this feature whilst well intended, puts undue pressure upon the necessity to consume said kebab imminently and without delay.

That being the case, a undue kebab-in-transit scenario will almost certainly spoil the optimum kebab experience.

Re-heating a kebab with salad in a microwave is catastrophic.

I’ve touched on the lack of strength in the chili component, perhaps a junior filled the old mystery chili bottle up with too much water last week.

The chili bottle may be reused many times, but once the volume hits over 60% tap water, it’s easily detected. I speculate here of course and pass many contenders to indulge at this otherwise fine establishment.

I may follow about a dozen Lu forumers and horrie is one of these.

Congatulations on such a well written articulate information sheet.Quite possibly the best researched most informative post I have ever read.

Congatulations on such a well written articulate information sheet.Quite possibly the best researched most informative post I have ever read.
Thank you Mr Kelly.

The odd sojourn into matters less forensic can sometimes provide a kindly reprieve from what some argue is undue pain and suffering accompanying our support for our club.

By way of addendum, I find myself duty bound to mention that the surprising discovery of the lower temperature lettuce, was initially occasioned by bite and ensuing mastication.

A lively temperature battle within the mouth commenced between the warm beef and cold lettuce occurring simultaneously-not unlike the effects of a dessert presenting as a hot pudding or pie and cold custard or indeed, vice versa.

A sense of confusion prevailed momentarily and the otherwise easy decision to consume a cold beverage was unnervingly suspended.

Alas, on the balance, the cold lettuce was eventually victorious as the kebab cooled over time.

I was expecting the kebab to hit a temperature equilibrium, but this hope was in vain.

All things considered, I would have preferred the kebab to have maintained a higher temperature over the consumption event.

But the perfect kebab is an elusive prey.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Yeah, just heard the TPJ rumour on Ch 9, apparently the Broncos have confirmed that he has permission to talk to other clubs, but it might be a done deal. Be interesting to see how he fits in.