What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

JB04

Juniors
Kikau would be up there with Moses as the biggest downhill skier in the game, goes missing big time - hard pass for me.

Re: Thompson, I've read Madge met with him this week and tabled him a 3 year contract. Please, please PLEASE don't f**k this up Tigers, he is exactly what is needed

gordsy

Juniors
I
I suppose you could add the following into the contract:

“the said player of the second part shall, within 24 hours, do all such things and acts as directed by the coach to maintain an appearance befitting of that of the reputation and standing of the Wests Tigers”

…..and then hope Kiks shaves his head.
You could add lots of things, doesn't mean they will stay in the contract or be abided by,

Thompson would be a great signing on and off the field.

Tigerm

First Grade
I suppose you could add the following into the contract:

“the said player of the second part shall, within 24 hours, do all such things and acts as directed by the coach to maintain an appearance befitting of that of the reputation and standing of the Wests Tigers”

…..and then hope Kiks shaves his head.
He didn't impress me in the game against us? But agree, he is a good player, but IMO, not for us?

He didn't impress me in the game against us? But agree, he is a good player, but IMO, not for us?
I agree he wasn’t his usual self v us and has the odd Clanger, but he also can be entirely outstanding and marquee. I guess his price will be a factor. We are really careful these days. Madge wants his basic group first before a splurge. Cheers.

Tigerm

First Grade
I agree he wasn’t his usual self v us and has the odd Clanger, but he also can be entirely outstanding and marquee. I guess his price will be a factor. We are really careful these days. Madge wants his basic group first before a splurge. Cheers.
1 x gun forward and 1 x gun back and I'm betting your house on a semi spot next year 😂 😂 😂

1 x gun forward and 1 x gun back and I'm betting your house on a semi spot next year 😂 😂 😂
I can’t risk the house because as you know, it’s a gateway to the E.T’s I keep encountering and someone has to represent the human race properly if they land in my backyard. If the greys meet one of my dogs first, one of the species could get eaten.

C58527FA-71BD-490A-B94B-D1C8937D8725.jpeg
I expected to smash the internet with this evidence, but no one seems interested.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Kikau would be up there with Moses as the biggest downhill skier in the game, goes missing big time - hard pass for me.

Re: Thompson, I've read Madge met with him this week and tabled him a 3 year contract. Please, please PLEASE don't f**k this up Tigers, he is exactly what is needed
Three year contracts in general make sense, but unless that contract starts after his current one finishes, I can’t see why he’s bother

Tigerm

First Grade
Three year contracts in general make sense, but unless that contract starts after his current one finishes, I can’t see why he’s bother
I just posted this in “season 21”

Tigers coach Michael Maguire has opened up on the two positions he feels the Tigers need to strengthen to return them to finals contenders.

The Tigers currently sit 13th with their slim finals hopes on thin ice and Maguire wants to strengthen the front row and outside backs while bringing in or producing a representative player to take his side to the next level.

I’d like another big front-rower,” Maguire told SEN 1170s Drive with Joel and Fletch.

“That’s always something you’re looking for, a strong guy at the front.

“One thing I am looking for is the player that can take themselves from an NRL player, to the Origin arena through to an International.

“The reason I say that is because you need those players in finals series and Grand Finals.

“The more you spend playing at that level, the more comfortable you are.

“There’s a reason they’re the best players in the competition and they’re the ones that win you the comp.

“It’s finding those types of players now in and amongst the group now, is it a Daine Laurie or a Shawn Blore? We’ve got a lot of good young players coming through.”

Maguire also admitted the club would like to eventually add a strike weapon in the backline, when the right target emerges on the open market.

“When the times right, we’d like to find a strike weapon that may become available,” Maguire said.

“But one thing at the moment, there’s not many around, so you’ve got to be disciplined to hold on until the right one comes around.”

stryker

First Grade
Is there a rumour we are after this bloke?
That would be a dreadful signing.
Where did you hear this?

Kikau is one of the best players in the game.

His critics should ask themselves why professional club recruiters are willing to pay ungodly amounts to secure his services.

If it’s still allowed, the nrl should top him up to ensure he stays in our game.

He is f**king elite.

TSP suggested we give him $750k per year. This was also the same fella who suggested we sign Corey Norman so do with that what you will!
I stand by my recommendations and remind the panel that I was one of the first to welcome and see the merit in the signings of Stef, Laurie and Doogie.

Besides, I don’t exactly see us concerned about slipping out of the top 4 at the moment.

Aside from Kikau at a fair price, I’m happy to consider a number of other forwards.

That we didn’t pursue Burton with more vigour may still come back to haunt us, as he will be in the running for the Dally M In a few years time.

I was also scoffed at for making a play for Garrick and he seems to have proven me correct.

I can’t get every recruitment suggestion right, but it’s good when they come on!

Norman remains a fundamentally good player, he just needs to harness and control his game better. But he has the right stuff inside to move up from.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
TSP suggested we give him $750k per year. This was also the same fella who suggested we sign Corey Norman so do with that what you will!
Lol yeah thank god he isn’t involved with recruitment.
Both of those suggestions are aweful.
Good to hear it’s not an official player chase.

simmo05

Bench
Kikau talks breaking down at smugland.

I think he’s just the kind of marquee we could really use.

Adds substantial threat and some pulverising defence, on his day, the best player in the game.

I’d be offering him 750 for 3 years.
Zero for zero years. Exactly the type of bludger who will stink the joint up for his whole contract

Wizardman

First Grade
Zero for zero years. Exactly the type of bludger who will stink the joint up for his whole contract
I agree with you. Kikau was fantastic last night. But, he is a follower type player rather than a leader. Kikau needs to be surrounded by good forwards to be successful. I agree that we'd get an Adam Blair type if we bought him to our environment. I'd much rather recruit Luke Thompson.