What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
@Nutz buddy, I’d like to think that instead of us being so awful in most things we set our minds to, that’s it’s the rest of the nrl that’s got things wrong.

That on our judgment day, when God or other deity determines which fans and members will be welcomed through the pearly gates for an eternity of premierships, that we are first.
It will be the Rusty Gates for me I'm afraid.
I actually like following a team of losers because on the rare occasion we do win it's like a real rush of excitement that only we could feel or explain.

It will be the Rusty Gates for me I'm afraid.
I actually like following a team of losers because on the rare occasion we do win it's like a real rush of excitement that only we could feel or explain.
Yes.

So it was I was called by an angel to support the Wests Tigers.

And to honour our Balmain and Western Suburbs origins in equal measure.

No other club cuts it I’m afraid.

Nutz

Bench
J'Maine Hopgood is a no brainer hands down misere.
One of the best workhorses in the game.
Blaize Talagi is an rare talent and would fulfil WA Tiger's fantasy of having a dynamic back perfectly.
I'm unsure if Regan can be our enforcer as he seems to be slowing down...that's a hard one.
@Tigerm
@The Silverdale Phantom
I just realised that hands down misere is losing every hand in 500. That would actually work for us :)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Surely we're after that Skelton bloke from the DOgs? Made 300m yesterday. Is their 4th choice winger and off contract, would be a walk up start to tour 13 every week.
Coz the dogs have a surplus of outside backs we should b doing whatever it takes to lure Skelton plus JAC as kiraz & wilson would b priorities for them.

Is it for 2025? It would be $1mil at least to have him come here to ruin his career :)
Poor old Val is on the dip atm.

I think JL is going to make a big impression on the backline, I’m more interested in ball runners and im keen on busy and honest forwards at the moment.

Which means a big no to RCG or anyone on the slide.

Tempered by salary considerations.

If Val wants to arrive for factory, I’d have to think about it but he’s being released for a reason.

Nutz

Bench
Poor old Val is on the dip atm.

I think JL is going to make a big impression on the backline, I’m more interested in ball runners and im keen on busy and honest forwards at the moment.

Which means a big no to RCG or anyone on the slide.

Tempered by salary considerations.

If Val wants to arrive for factory, I’d have to think about it but he’s being released for a reason.
If I was coach I'd have 2 S Fainu's, 2 Payne Haas and Api as my starting pack and 4 Poles on the bench ;)

WA Tiger

Bench
Benji has over the top adoration for api..I get that..However they work it..L Fainu must start and Desilva must play at least half a game at Hooker..If that means Apis on the bench at times so be it ..It is not a time to be half hearted with team selection....Weather Benji can see what fainu has will be revealed on Tuesday.. That confidence is not a bluf from Latu..that Ricochet kick (that came off for a try) was only because of the conviction of the kicker.

Tiger05

First Grade
Benji has over the top adoration for api..I get that..However they work it..L Fainu must start and Desilva must play at least half a game at Hooker..If that means Apis on the bench at times so be it ..It is not a time to be half hearted with team selection....Weather Benji can see what fainu has will be revealed on Tuesday.. That confidence is not a bluf from Latu..that Ricochet kick (that came off for a try) was only because of the conviction of the kicker.

I'm pretty close to completely with you. Latu and Galvin in the halves. Let's give them every opportunity to prove themselves and fight for the starting half spot next season.

I think DaSilva can play a role and we can rest Api but I also think we need to try our some other guys for that bench role for next season. Latu or Galvin will get one half spot and the other might grab a bench spot. Heath Mason looks pretty versatile and may make a good bench player as well. We need to try out stuff for next season.

Galvin shouldn't be set in stone as a starting half for next season. DaSilva is good though and Api might be better if he gets a rest throughout the games across the course of the season.

Last edited:
Yep.

I think Benji is still hoping that the same old can deliver when it’s obvious to everyone else that for whatever reason they haven’t been delivering for months now.

Plus I feel he’s still holding a candle out that we can improve on last seasons wins, so he can seek to justify his position on that basis.

I’m prepared to give API a longer break to help with his recovery, Papali can go now.

I even want to give other blokes a run at fb.

Even Timbo trained everyone for 2 or 3 positions.

Earth to Benji, it’s ok to lose if we learn something and it’s for the good. It’s not ok to keep playing the form team and they play like rubbish and frequently get worse.

Actually Benji looks like he needs a break too!