What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Shredder

Juniors
Haven't posted in a while, but this one got me.

Richo reckons we have 9/17 players that can win a premiership.

Who is he talking about??

Other than Bulla, Galvin, Luai, Turava and Api, who are the other four???

Nutz

Bench

Fonua Pole
Samuela Fainu
Bula
Luai
Galvin
Turuva
Olam (only if finals within 2 years)
Koroisau (only if finals within 2 years)
Seyfarth
Da Silva
If you add a couple of guns it changes the whole dynamics of our squad.
Eg. if we had someone like Haas and Farnworth, Chrichton and RTS or Young and To'o to name a few.
Even if we had those players with the squad we currently have we would have won those close games this year.
People say stats are BS. Well I believe they are a good guide and it's no surprise that the top clubs and players consistently have great stats, especially try assists and running metres/no missed tackles.
In a couple of games this year our stats have been pathetic hence why we lose or get belted. Backs can't perform if we don't dominate the ruck, middle and edges. These areas are a priority.
We need players to join us that hardly ever have poor stats.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Thanks Nutz.
I was just about to make a negative post about how our new sponsors could be ever ready batteries and we could run with the slogan Wests Tigers Last Forever but I feel more positive after your post so I won't do that now.

WA Tiger

Bench

I missed that one. It’s the timing tho isn’t it. I like the “ we want players that want to be here” but this one could have waited a bit.. at least until we were off the bottom of the table..where we’ve been for? shit I’ve lost count

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

You don't need a team full of superstars. Staines won a premiership with Penrith. I disagree with Richo's comment because I don't think it's so simple. You can't just state you need 8 more players to win us the comp. We are losing Stef, Papalli and hopefully Bateman but these guys are all guys that could fit into a premiership team. I just don't think they work for us.

The Fainu brothers to me are all good players and would easily fit into a premiership winning club.

Doueihi to me is an interesting one. He looks real good at times but he is so inconsistent and his defensive misses at times are terrible. If he got his game together though he could help a team win the comp but at the same time I think he is one of the prob;ems that we have in that too many of our players have massive differences between their best games and their worst games.

Pezz70

Juniors
You don't need a team full of superstars. Staines won a premiership with Penrith. I disagree with Richo's comment because I don't think it's so simple. You can't just state you need 8 more players to win us the comp. We are losing Stef, Papalli and hopefully Bateman but these guys are all guys that could fit into a premiership team. I just don't think they work for us.

The Fainu brothers to me are all good players and would easily fit into a premiership winning club.

Doueihi to me is an interesting one. He looks real good at times but he is so inconsistent and his defensive misses at times are terrible. If he got his game together though he could help a team win the comp but at the same time I think he is one of the prob;ems that we have in that too many of our players have massive differences between their best games and their worst games.
We can’t win a premiership while teams are scoring an average of over 30points each week. To be competitive teams need to average average <15pts against per match, to win a premiership somewhere between 12&15. Our defence is atrocious. The past four seasons we’ve had over 650 scored against us. It’s abysmal.

Tiger05

First Grade
We can’t win a premiership while teams are scoring an average of over 30points each week. To be competitive teams need to average average <15pts against per match, to win a premiership somewhere between 12&15. Our defence is atrocious. The past four seasons we’ve had over 650 scored against us. It’s abysmal.

We are coming dead last and getting beat all over the park. We have way too many players who are inconsistent throughout a game and throughout the season. Our defense does have to improve considerably but our whole game needs to improve.

It's also often the guys in our team who we are meant to be relying on that are performing poorly. Stef for instance has some great moments but he was terrible against the Cowboys and he is like that all the time. I think Papalli has been good and better in the middle but that dropped ball at a critical time was criminal. Doueihi has a game or two or moments in a game where is a great. Benji stated about Douiehi something like "that is class" when he came back and had a great game. He then plays like puss. Bateman has his moments but overall he hasn't done much. Klemmer is similar. Olam has been good when he is on the park but he hasn't provided value for money.

I think Api, Galvin, Seyfarth, Pole, Samuela and Sione Fainu have been among the better performers this season but only Api would be one of our highest paid players. He is also our best player and our captain but he has made a lot of mistakes including missed tackles.

I think we need to be really careful with recruitment because paying big dollars for inconsistent players who lack impact is not going to get us to the finals and we can't win a premiership without making the finals.

Pezz70

Juniors
We are coming dead last and getting beat all over the park. We have way too many players who are inconsistent throughout a game and throughout the season. Our defense does have to improve considerably but our whole game needs to improve.

It's also often the guys in our team who we are meant to be relying on that are performing poorly. Stef for instance has some great moments but he was terrible against the Cowboys and he is like that all the time. I think Papalli has been good and better in the middle but that dropped ball at a critical time was criminal. Doueihi has a game or two or moments in a game where is a great. Benji stated about Douiehi something like "that is class" when he came back and had a great game. He then plays like puss. Bateman has his moments but overall he hasn't done much. Klemmer is similar. Olam has been good when he is on the park but he hasn't provided value for money.

I think Api, Galvin, Seyfarth, Pole, Samuela and Sione Fainu have been among the better performers this season but only Api would be one of our highest paid players. He is also our best player and our captain but he has made a lot of mistakes including missed tackles.

I think we need to be really careful with recruitment because paying big dollars for inconsistent players who lack impact is not going to get us to the finals and we can't win a premiership without making the finals.
I think our attack is improving you can see some light there and I assume they’ll continue to get better but our defence is abominable and has been that way for years. When your defence is solid the attack generally comes good because other teams have to take chances to get past you, you play them out of their structures and they make mistakes. Bulldogs are a pretty good example their defence this year has improved out of sight and they’re now winning games. I would not be surprised to see the bulldogs play Panthers in the GF off the back of their defence.