What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Pezz70

Juniors
P
Pole has been our best forward imo.
Agree that an Angus Chrichton type would totally transform our pack.
Liam Fulton too. He's not a big unit but like you say has a big motor. Have you noticed hiw Curran from the dogs has done the same.
I thought Bateman was going to be our energizer man but he's been ill disciplined and ineffective.
Benji hasn't had a roster yet to get it done but next year when he starts to get some troops there's no excuse to at least get off the bottom of the ladder.
Pole is a bit of a liability in defence, I’ve seen him standing and watching players run past him (or at least close enough to him to attempt a tackle) too many times. His stats show that his tackle success has dropped from 95-90%, still pretty good but it’s the times he makes no attempt that cost both him and us. I wouldn’t go dropping him or anything but like most of the dudes in the team there’s room for big improvement.

I’ve got no idea how Benji operates but identifying these areas and talking to the boys about them wouldn’t hurt. I’m of the opinion that Benji and his staffs depth of analysis might not be the best because the fellas make the same errors every week it shows in the scorelines and the discipline levels. Might be a good idea to get Simon on those videos picking each players weaknesses and maybe some highlights, through out 2024 and have one on ones with video presentations for every individual in the squad. Not as a kick up the arse but as a constructive exercise. Make each bloke watch themselves play. This is what you do well, this is what you need to improve

I’m probably dribbling shit but it is very frustrating being a tigers tragic

Nutz

Bench
.Might be a good idea to get Simon on those videos picking each players weaknesses and maybe some highlights,
Simon is probably playing Holo Infinite in the coaches box.
I’m probably dribbling shit but it is very frustrating being a tigers tragic
Your not dribbling shite mate, at least your consistent. I change my opinion like the tide..ebbs and flows which I blame on the tigers being a continual rock show.
Pole apparently has been carrying niggling injuries but that's no excuse for slacking off in D.
He may need to have a rest if we lose today ..no use flogging a dead horse even though he comes off the bench tonight.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I love Royce.

He's had a wretched run with injuries since he dislocated his knee cap and ruptured his patella tendon at the end of 2021. He was just starting to show what he could do around that time then had to fight his way back. It seems each time he was getting back to his best he'd cop another injury.

He's strung a few games together this year though, which I'm happy to see.

In all honestly, I'd hate to lose him but, if he had to go, I'd be happy to see him go to you guys.
He's precisely what you need - though you'd need to work on his conditioning to get more minutes out of him.
Fitzy has conditioned him for just 15-20 minutes of impact.

Of the big boppers in our team, he's always been seen as number 2 behind Hamlin-Uele,
But I've always thought he was a better player, and that that was only because BHU came through first, and Royce kept getting injured just as he started to hit his straps.

I can't believe the Sharks have given him permission to look around, but re-signed that other powder puff.

I shakes me head...

The sharks have a stack of middles and with AFB coming will have to release at least one, maybe two:

AFB
Hunt
Rudolph (interestingly managed by Richos son)
Hazelton
BHU
Kaufusi
Hau Tapuha
Colquholan
Jack Williams (prop/second row)
Then McInness at 13

You cant have 10 guys in your top 30 as middles. All these guys are firstgraders and all make our 17. Who do you see being let go?

Latest posts