What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
Not sure what you mean, Hetherington is only 25.

TBH, I don't know anything about him, is he a dud?
Sorry mate I
Not sure what you mean, Hetherington is only 25.

TBH, I don't know anything about him, is he a dud?
Shot my mouth off without reading the article, I thought we were chasing Oates. I rate Hetherington, I wouldn't be crying if we got him but I'd rather a bigger bloke who could be more a traditional middle.

Hoofhearted

Juniors

Dragons star Jack Bird agrees to two-year deal with Wests Tigers​

By Michael Chammas, Dan Walsh, Billie Eder, Christian Nicolussi, Roy Ward and Adam Pengilly

Updated September 6, 2024 — 1.55pmfirst published September 2, 2024 — 10.50am

Jack Bird has agreed to a two-year deal to join the Wests Tigers as the club continues its recruitment spree for 2025.
Bird is yet to sign a contract but informed Tigers representatives on Friday he will take up a deal worth around $400,000 a year with the joint venture club from next season.
Jack Bird is on his way out of the Dragons.

Bird, who won a premiership with Cronulla in 2016 and made five State of Origin appearances for NSW, is contracted to St George Illawarra next season but was given permission to explore his options. The Dragons will contribute a small portion of his salary in 2025.
Bird toured Wests Tigers facilities on Monday and has since agreed to join Jarome Luai, Sunia Turuva and Royce Hunt as new Tigers recruits under coach Benji Marshall next year.

The 29-year-old was hoping to secure a three-year deal but the Tigers were only willing to offer him two years. He is expected to put pen to paper in the next few days. The Tigers are also in negotiations with Raiders prop Corey Horsburgh and have signalled an interest in Broncos forward Kobe Hetherington. Hetherington has been given permission by Brisbane to explore options at rival clubs.

Nutz

Bench
Wow, things keep on rockin. I like the 2 year deal.
Bird is yet to sign a contract but informed Tigers representatives on Friday he will take up a deal worth around $400,000 a year with the joint venture club from next season.
The Dragons will contribute a small portion of his salary in 2025.
Am I reading this right ha ha :)

SmartSelect_20240906_142124_X.jpg

@Hoofhearted Sorry Hoof, I didn't see ya post on previous page...doh!

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach

Dragons star Jack Bird agrees to two-year deal with Wests Tigers​

By Michael Chammas, Dan Walsh, Billie Eder, Christian Nicolussi, Roy Ward and Adam Pengilly

Updated September 6, 2024 — 1.55pmfirst published September 2, 2024 — 10.50am

Jack Bird has agreed to a two-year deal to join the Wests Tigers as the club continues its recruitment spree for 2025.
Jack Bird is on his way out of the Dragons.

Bird, who won a premiership with Cronulla in 2016 and made five State of Origin appearances for NSW, is contracted to St George Illawarra next season but was given permission to explore his options. The Dragons will contribute a small portion of his salary in 2025.
Bird toured Wests Tigers facilities on Monday and has since agreed to join Jarome Luai, Sunia Turuva and Royce Hunt as new Tigers recruits under coach Benji Marshall next year.

The 29-year-old was hoping to secure a three-year deal but the Tigers were only willing to offer him two years. He is expected to put pen to paper in the next few days. The Tigers are also in negotiations with Raiders prop Corey Horsburgh and have signalled an interest in Broncos forward Kobe Hetherington. Hetherington has been given permission by Brisbane to explore options at rival clubs.
Some on here will not like it, but I’m happy with it.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I' m loving whats going on at the Tigers.

If all goes well and we get Corey Horsburgh and Broncos forward Kobe Hetherington we could be top 14 next year. I wouldn't even write the Tigers off as a top 8 side.

Perth Tiger

Bench
2 years at 400K seems like a pretty good deal for us. Not a huge fan of Bird but at that price he either really performs and we win or he is injured/phones it in and the contract means we are done with him pretty quickly.

Probably spells then end for AD next year which isn't a bad thing. If he can get a contract somewhere else it wouldn't even surprise me if we release him early

Tigerm

Coach
2 years at 400K seems like a pretty good deal for us. Not a huge fan of Bird but at that price he either really performs and we win or he is injured/phones it in and the contract means we are done with him pretty quickly.

Probably spells then end for AD next year which isn't a bad thing. If he can get a contract somewhere else it wouldn't even surprise me if we release him early
Agree, they’re only duds if it doesn’t work.
If it does work, then they’re a genius.

Nutz

Bench

AD is on close to a min 1yr contract so he'll be great depth then gonesky after 05.
I agree with you PT, I think Bird's a great signing for the price and term, especially for an ex rep player and grandfinalist. It's actually a very un-Wests Tigers like signing :)
He and Olam will run amok and if he teams up with a youngin his experience will be invaluable.
We can only dream of him recapturing his Sharks GF form...dreamer.

Nutz

Bench
I' m loving whats going on at the Tigers.

If all goes well and we get Corey Horsburgh and Broncos forward Kobe Hetherington we could be top 14 next year. I wouldn't even write the Tigers off as a top 8 side.
If we miss out on Corey and get Kobe Hetherington instead, I'll be happy Ned.
Corey is a good defender and can shore up the middle plus play more minutes than most. Let's get both and stuff the cap.

Tiger05

First Grade
Some on here will not like it, but I’m happy with it.

I'm okay with this one as well. It's not too much money and as Richo stated he can play multiple positions. He could also play centre, lock and edge backrower. Those positions look to need some depth.

Bird would be one of those players that many supports can’t stand, has plenty of M A D in him and for the most part that’s why. The ones who do like him though are the supporters of the club he plays for.

Tigers need someone of teach some of the talented kids we have that you can be both a good footballer and be
M A D

Latest posts