What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The DT are reporting that the Tigers are circling Marcelo Montoya if someone has a subscription.
Surely this is another manager linking us to their client. We are the first cab off the rank with every rumoured signing.
I'm thinking Charlie Stains is going??
Bateman has gone??
Keep it coming Nutz. I'm hanging out for any good news even if it is just a maybe.

Tigerm

Coach
Every year it's the same thing with contracts and it follows a trend.
First you get a fair bit of action before seasons end.
Then you wait for cooling off and contracts to be ratified
Another flurry after the finals.
If Richo didn't have to reply to so many of @The Silverdale Phantom emails he'd have more time to get these new signings done :)
I wouldn’t think he’d announce blokes who are still in the semi’s as well.

Nutz

Bench
Can someone start a juicy rumour, this is the thread to it.
I've got one.
Justin Olam wants out to go back to PNG to help them join the NRL
It's reported that a high profile back from the dogs is agitating for a release to join Skelton at the Tigers. A player swap has been talked about...who could that be?

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I've got one.
It's reported that a high profile back from the dogs is agitating for a release to join Skelton at the Tigers. A player swap has been talked about...who could that be?
Oh yeah. There is a mad rush on from NRL players to join the Tigers. They watched Friday night's game and are keen to be a part of it.

Good rumor Nutz. I'm waiting for Silverdale to tell us Woods is going to sign with the Tigers. Just because he has retired shouldn't change anything. I so look forward to that TSF rumor every year.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I've got one.
OK I'll play. We are pretty right for halves so it won't be Burton. It must be Crichton.

Tigerm

Coach
I've got one.
I heard the Fox wants back in now, I wonder if he’s the guy.

2 Rumours:

In startling news at Philip St today, Peter Vlandys has announced the conclusion of an investigation into recreational drug breaches by the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

He said:

“ Unfortunately, it’s come to our attention, that a certain player has tested positive in the stored B samples and as a result, we have no option but to deduct points from South’s, who will now be awarded 17th place. “

Club power brokers are rumoured to have launched a Supreme Court appeal and Sam Burgess has been called upon to provide an expert witness report.

Benji Marshall has told this masthead that after the spectacular success of his full time inaugural coaching season, rumours that he was stepping aside to coach the Suva Spiders for 2025 as head coach remain unfounded.

Benji noted:

“ I’ve been delighted to continue to etch the footprint of Tim Sheens into the Western Tigers.” and “Round 27 was a wonderful opportunity to showcase our emerging talent and points to exactly where the club is heading in 2025. “

With their current squad, the Tigers remain unbackable favourites for a historic fourth spoon.

Gambling Help Line:

1800 858 858

24/7.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
SmartSelect_20240908_173337_X.jpg
Latrell Mitchell seen with Roosters coach possibly agitating for an immediate release to take over Manu's spot.
DT bit.ly/47iAlK6

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Not sure what you mean, Hetherington is only 25.

TBH, I don't know anything about him, is he a dud?
If it were between Hetherington and Horsey I'd choose Hetherington. I think he can lead the boys in line speed and keep it going.