What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
I think guidance doesn't have to be position specific. That said I wasn't a huge fan of signing bird.
He's got more chance of guiding a young fella in KOE Cup than in NRL. I just find it a perplexing statement.
Looking at Galvin this year, he did play too laterally and having Bird outside him getting into his ear may make him run more direct if it's required.
I wonder where To'a fits in all this?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Before we signed Skelton we would have been a big chance. With our lack of top 30 spots you would think we wouldn’t use another one on a winger

Nutz

Bench
Oh yeah. Getting a beast on his way up is awesome. Would much rather Skelton over fox for probably half the salary
Have you seen his huge brother play, he was massive.
There is a trend to have solid quick wingers these days to bring the ball out from our red zone. Look at Penrith's To'o and Taruva, they do it so well.
Next year we'll have Taruva and Skelton. I like it. Throw in Hunt and Pole too. We won't have too much trouble getting down the other end.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Next year we'll have Taruva and Skelton.

I wonder where they play Turuva though. There were rumours he was signed to play in the centres. I don't know if that is true.

We need outside backs that can have an impact. I like the way our team is looking for next season but I'm worried we need to get rid of a couple of players and hopefully get another signing or two.

Tiger Ted

Bench

If it happens, I wonder where he will end up, not here I hope.
More than anything we need tough tackling brutal middle forwards who constantly bend the line & a nasty defensive coach.Without rapid improvement in these 2 specific areas nothing will change

Nutz

Bench
I wonder where they play Turuva though. There were rumours he was signed to play in the centres. I don't know if that is true.

We need outside backs that can have an impact. I like the way our team is looking for next season but I'm worried we need to get rid of a couple of players and hopefully get another signing or two.
Just chill mate. It happens every year, this period of uncertainty. The upside is Luai, anything on top of that is a bonus.
Even the Bateman thing can be seen as a positive, like Ned said, it's a new signing :) He may just come back with renewed vigor, and having a better team around him and a full off season it may be enough to get him going. If he can reproduce his world cup form then he will be an asset. He could really work with Luai too.
Have faith in Richo.

Nutz

Bench

Turuva is a good signing because apparently he's a good fullback and can play centre as well. Great utility.