What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Nutz

Bench
If flanno wanted RCG, he must have something left.
He won the 2024 Ken Thornett Medal which is Parramatta's NRL player of the year award so he has been playing better than OK.
I've been saying no to signing him purely because I think 3 years is not only a risk due to his age but it would also tie up our cap.
I think the length of the contract and available space are the sticking points and not $. I don't think paying him either 600k or 750k is an issue.
If we could get him for 2 years it would give us some breathing space if he and Bird left together.
We also have to release some players first so I don't think the stars are aligning.

Nutz

Bench
RCG Bargain for the tigers at that money (700k)for two years with a mutual option for a third.
I'd even go higher if it meant we could get him for a mutual 3rd year.
It's the term and available spots that are the sticking points imo.

glockers

Juniors
I had a friend suggest play Latu Fainu at centre to fit him in alongside Galvin and Luai. He pointed out how Burton played centre at Penrith as an example of sitting a half in the centres to connrct to wingers.

To be honest I didn't hate the suggestion. That way you can have a second rower who can cover centre in the squad (either starting second rower or bench). That creates position flexibility for potential injuries. You can still have two hookers as well.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He won the 2024 Ken Thornett Medal which is Parramatta's NRL player of the year award so he has been playing better than OK.
I've been saying no to signing him purely because I think 3 years is not only a risk due to his age but it would also tie up our cap.
I think the length of the contract and available space are the sticking points and not $. I don't think paying him either 600k or 750k is an issue.
If we could get him for 2 years it would give us some breathing space if he and Bird left together.
We also have to release some players first so I don't think the stars are aligning.
Apparently RCG called Benji last wk.He wants 3yrs at 850k/yr hence Benji rightfully said NO

Nutz

Bench
Apparently RCG called Benji last wk.He wants 3yrs at 850k/yr hence Benji rightfully said NO
Yeh no way. I wish I new where I read where RCG said unequivocally "no" to the Tigers.
If that was a true statement then I don't want him but it could have been another club beat up. A manager wouldn't say that and a player would be a fool to have said that.
Anyway, his contract for next year at Eels was around 750k so I doubt very much if he'd accept anything less.

Latest posts