What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade

NOFOALUMA’S TIGERS FUTURE IN DOUBT

David Nofoaluma’s future at the Tigers is in doubt following Tim Sheens’ decision to pull him off the field in the club’s loss to the Bulldogs in Round 3.

And it could open the door for the Melbourne Storm to pounce.

The Tigers veteran was loaned out to the Storm in 2022 and enjoyed a strong run of form, scoring four tries in six appearances.

He made no secret of his desire to stay at the club long term, describing his stint in Melbourne as “one of the best things of my career” after making his maiden finals appearance.

Ultimately Nofoaluma returned to the Tigers for 2023 but has now found himself out of Tim Sheens’ side after three rounds.

The Daily Telegraph’s David Riccio told NRL360 the Storm would not rule out making a play for the experienced star.

“We know that he had a stint at the Melbourne Storm last year. I rang the Storm to see if they would be interested now that Nofoaluma is clearly out of the team, whether they would be interested in revisiting taking Nofoaluma down there,” Riccio said.

“They said they certainly wouldn’t close the door on the option.

“They would prefer a forward than an outside back but they said they would certainly not close the door on welcoming back Nofaluma, who they love down there.”

Preying this happens.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Caught a fair bit of the Knights game. They must be overjoyed on missing Brooks and getting Hastings. Much smarter player.
Raiders weren't great but they would have thrashed us.

BrotherJim05

Bench

simmo05

Bench
Reading between the lines they blew their cap signing Poses and now someone is gonna get squeezed out. I'd take Gutherson at FB in a fkn heartbeat
That's exactly what it is. Don't believe their bullshit about wanting more xfactor. And I reckon this has the potential to destroy the playing group, ala tigers signing Teddy Blair. Fingers crossed anyway!

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Reading between the lines they blew their cap signing Poses and now someone is gonna get squeezed out. I'd take Gutherson at FB in a fkn heartbeat
Gutho is only 28 and would be perfect for what we need. He is a vocal organising Fullback, gives 100% every week and is a great support player who would be on Api's shoulder every time he runs. These are the sort of players we should chase, the hard working type players that will change our culture.

Maybe we offer Laurie, Noffa and Douihi in exchange.

Tigerm

First Grade
That's exactly what it is. Don't believe their bullshit about wanting more xfactor. And I reckon this has the potential to destroy the playing group, ala tigers signing Teddy Blair. Fingers crossed anyway!
Sorta like Brooks is doing to us?

Delboy

First Grade
You really need to read the article, there is no play to move Gutho on, as captain they respectfully told him that they are after a strike player, either off the bench or in the backline. Apparently they want a decent signing, unfortunately not Nofa.

Tigerm

First Grade
You really need to read the article, there is no play to move Gutho on, as captain they respectfully told him that they are after a strike player, either off the bench or in the backline. Apparently they want a decent signing, unfortunately not Nofa.
It’s all hypothetical, but if you are told they want someone else for your job, then it would make you think?

He would be a far better option than we have at present, but no one has said he was on the market.

Fordy20

Juniors
Does anyone know what cookies need to be enabled in order to be allowed to react to other people's posts? I've tried hitting the url direrctly, but it says I don't have permissions to hit that endpoint.

Yeah, there's no way they are letting Gutho go. BA refused to hand him over in exchange for Moses last time. He's their captain for a reason.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced they ever really wanted Brooks I think they actually wanted Hastings all along. Made us think they wanted Brooks just to get Hastings on the cheap
Yep, that's what we did...

Scared Brian Sacca GIF by Wrecked

Avenger

Immortal
Gutho is only 28 and would be perfect for what we need. He is a vocal organising Fullback, gives 100% every week and is a great support player who would be on Api's shoulder every time he runs. These are the sort of players we should chase, the hard working type players that will change our culture.

Maybe we offer Laurie, Noffa and Douihi in exchange.
There is no chance he's leave to go to the f**king Tigers of all teams. More chance of Brooks re-signing. Hang on. :)

I’d be very happy with Gutho but he’s now at 3 times the cost of Laurie, which means budgeting elsewhere.

Bula is ready in June and may be a revelation. His inexperience is of concern. It’s a vital possie.

I still think we have halves and the backline to worry about.

Nofo on 500, if the Storm want him, we should keep our cool. We don’t want another Mbye rip off.

I gained a high opinion of some the Storm newbies. A swap would be good.

He’s still a very good player Gutho, I’d be making a call to suss him out. He seems to be a keeper but at a reasonable price. Not the eels money.

Last edited:
We were looking at our player costs earlier in the year and our budget isn’t evenly spread in key positions.

We should keep Gutho’s manager on the boil with some rubbishy hysterical figure for the time being. Keep him hanging on the line in case we need him.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Does anyone know what cookies need to be enabled in order to be allowed to react to other people's posts? I've tried hitting the url direrctly, but it says I don't have permissions to hit that endpoint.

Yeah, there's no way they are letting Gutho go. BA refused to hand him over in exchange for Moses last time. He's their captain for a reason.
Hey Fordy.. Turn of your ad blocker if you are using one. Good chance that is your issue and not cookies 👍🏻

Latest posts