What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Crazyperpman

Juniors
I am getting annoyed with this Hunt to Bulldogs reporting and we are never even in the conversation. Surely we have at least spoken to him/reached out or whatever the rules permit since he is still under contract.

Surely we can offer at least as much as the Dogs. Same position on the ladder, more money, better forward pack and a better guarantee that he will never play hooker since we already have 4 on the books while the Dogs already have Burton and Olaupu in the halfs so who would be the first to replace Reed if he is injured.

I would not be intersted in Hunt. He is 33 years old, willing to openly break a contract, wants a say in where he plays and who the coach is. He is a good player but at this point in his carreer he is not worth pulling your team apart to get him in.

I would be more interested in the fire sale the Dogs would need to have to fit him in. It would be a good oportunity to pick up some young players with Bulldogs paying freight.

Perth Tiger

Bench
I would not be intersted in Hunt. He is 33 years old, willing to openly break a contract, wants a say in where he plays and who the coach is. He is a good player but at this point in his carreer he is not worth pulling your team apart to get him in.

I would be more interested in the fire sale the Dogs would need to have to fit him in. It would be a good oportunity to pick up some young players with Bulldogs paying freight.
I disagree. A 2 or 3 year bridge is exactly what we need until the much vaulted juniors come through.

I don't see it as pulling the team apart, right now we have no fit halves signed for next year, so he would plug straight in.

As to him breaking contracts, that is just the way the game is played these days. I don't think we can have any high ground after we just shipped Joffa out and are apparently trying to off load a bunch of other contracts.

WA Tiger

Bench
I think Hunt is becoming more likely. Our best chance is if saints go for the rookie coach. But I don’t think they will be dumb enough to go past Flanagan. I don’t think we have less a chance of snaring him than other clubs. In fact I think from his viewpoint he can see that our only weakness is in the halves. He’d have maybe more say in things around the place than the bulldogs who would have 2 voices/ egos in his ear from day one, one who’s a rooky with little success so far.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
Saints reckon they have their future spine with Sloan, Sullivan and Amone, provided hammer boy stays out of jail.

So from their point of view releasing Hunt and using his money to strengthen the forward pack could make sense.

Although if they go down that path it has all the hallmarks of our failure when we invested everything in a rookie spine of Moses, Brooks and Teddy

WA Tiger

Bench
Also, Hunt won’t stay if he’s not the half. But the leadership he brings as well.. I think Flanagan would lean on him and keep him at halfback..He’s on $700-$750k. Although Flanagan does know the joint as an assistant and recruitment guy

Hoofhearted

Juniors
We are currently paying Brooks $1.1M and I believe Wakeham on base $120K? So this year we are somewhere in the vicinity of $1.2M for our halves (not including Douihi).
If you could get Hunt for $700k and Brooks on say $600k, that is a better value for money halves combo if you ask me. Hunt is what Brooks has always needed, a Half that can take full control of the team and let Brooks just run the ball.

Tigerm

First Grade

The Wests Tigers and recruitment manager Warren McDonnell have reportedly parted ways, with McDonnell leaving the club.

The Sheenius won’t be happy, but shit happens.

I reckon he will try and bulldoze his way through recruitment and management issues now, he should be careful, we are not going that well.

gordsy

Juniors

The Wests Tigers and recruitment manager Warren McDonnell have reportedly parted ways, with McDonnell leaving the club.

I reckon he will try and bulldoze his way through recruitment and management issues now, he should be careful, we are not going that well.
As soon as we signed Fulton you knew this would happen.

Tigerm

First Grade

macnaz

Staff member
Not impressed with either to be honest , but at least Fulton has attracted enough players to Manly from a far inferior player pool to at least make finals unlike the Ronald .

Tigerm

First Grade
Not impressed with either to be honest , but at least Fulton has attracted enough players to Manly from a far inferior player pool to at least make finals unlike the Ronald .
Yeah, I think it’s a bit to early to judge Fulton at this stage, and I think he will be battling against Sheens even more so now.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’d think it’d be less difficult to attract players to manly with a consistently good position on the table, finals appearances, an able coach strong leadership and a number of stars

Although I don’t know how long fulton was at manly. Prob forever

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’ll take it McDonnell wasn’t a Brooks fan. At least one person amongst them all saw it. Fulton prob just went with the flow on it

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Fultons a gentle sensitive caring empathy type Pisces like Benji.(Benji prob preferred Fulton) & He’s a nice guy Water sign like sheens and Benji. Sheens won’t have a problem with him at all. Prob a better fit.

Last edited:

gordsy

Juniors
Fultons a gentle sensitive caring empathy type Pisces like Benji.(Benji prob preferred Fulton) & He’s a nice guy Water sign like sheens and Benji. Sheens won’t have a problem with him at all. Prob a better fit.
What a load of shit, Fulton is better because he isn't a useless as Warren. Time will tell if he is any good fur us.

WA Tiger

Bench
What a load of shit, Fulton is better because he isn't a useless as Warren. Time will tell if he is any good fur us.
Not to me it isn’t. Anyway, how would you know that Fulton’s better than “Warren,” What have you got tough guy? As usual Fk all!! Most of your posts don’t make sense and this drivel is no different. Fulton’s better, but you’ll find out later if he’s better? You don’t watch a game, but you’re an expert on it? Fk off Junior, Go set up your own “drivel” thread with your mate silver Fk, and his “boys”! Apparently he’s a real man as well. mf

Last edited:

Latest posts