What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Drop Bear

Juniors
I don't think money is a problem, and we should have room under the cap?? Club seems to be playing their cards close to their chest! And for some strange reason, there has been a large amount of mid season player movement, or players just being pushed? not to sure, but it seems a little crazy, am I right??

possm

Coach
I don't think money is a problem, and we should have room under the cap?? Club seems to be playing their cards close to their chest! And for some strange reason, there has been a large amount of mid season player movement, or players just being pushed? not to sure, but it seems a little crazy, am I right??

Other than a shortage of funds, there is no good reason why the Dragons did not try to significantly improve our playing roster for 2012. Price went for buying a bag full of 'potential first graders' rather than top line players to replace the top line players we lost.

I am sure we do have the cap so it must be the money. Surely it could not be Dragons policy to purposely set up our team to lose for the next two years in order to build a competitive team for 2014. If that is the case then surely the Dragons fans should have been informed of these plans.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Well if they are in the market for premier players, they are certainly keeping hush about it!!

Yes I agree. So that probably means that they are not in the market for top line players and are not so disappointed with poor results. Doust have other priorities for the clubs expenditure.

64 Dragon

Coach
As long as godz and willow are happy with our under strength, over paid, over rated and very average forward pack I see no reason why we should try and buy any good players.
Let's just miss the 8 next year as well. Organic growth has gotten us so far in the past.

What are you critisising Godz and Willow for? Get stuck into the powers who run the club! With your connections you should be able to put some pressure on!

Father Ted

First Grade
come on doustie shows us the money.

I reckon it's one of three things Pat .

1 The clubs hiding the fact it's short of a quid
2 The club is trying to do it on the cheap with Kmart price talent as usual
3 The clubs trying to piss us off and doing a damm good job at it.

jenninga

First Grade
I reckon it's one of three things Pat .

1 The clubs hiding the fact it's short of a quid
2 The club is trying to do it on the cheap with Kmart price talent as usual
3 The clubs trying to piss us off and doing a damm good job at it.
:x I reckon it's the 3 of those 3 things

I am aware we are making moves to sign Daniel Mortimer. He and his manager were recent guests at both Wollongong and Kogarah facilities and were impressed with our setup and culture.

Mort is contracted to the Roosters for 2013, but apparently we will be approaching them for an early release so he can join us next season. I believe the club is targeting him to play halfback.

That's all I know at this stage, source is one of his family members. Don't know if it will eventuate but if I hear any more I will post.

hewi

Bench
Thanks for the info, i guess if thats the case then Pearce wont be coming our way. I will be interested to see how he goes tonight against the bunnies if he plays.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I actually see something in Mortimer.

Can't put a finger on it. He doesn't put blokes into gaps, but he's always on the ball and he's a good competitor.

He'd be cheap. Worth a punt, but not as the first option.

The Nick

Bench
Wow we must be getting desperate now. He's a decent footballer but not sure he will add anything to our squad other than depth?

See how it goes I suppose!

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints won't go near Lewis. He allready has a release. Saints only sign players who are not released from the club like Molzen.

Mr Red

First Grade
There was talk on fox sports that both Hornby and Cooper have heavily back ended contracts, thus their reluctance to retire early as their big pay check is next season?
has anyone else heard something similar?
it would explain the clubs situation in not being interested in making signings..

st.phil

Bench
There was talk on fox sports that both Hornby and Cooper have heavily back ended contracts, thus their reluctance to retire early as their big pay check is next season?
it would explain the clubs situation in not being interested in making signings..

If true - very damaging.

Cagey Mac

Bench

If so, coaching roles to augment their income, at least in the case of Hornby are viable outcomes. This doeesn't eat into our cap and helps set them up for future careers opportunities