What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

Mr Red

First Grade
If so, coaching roles to augment their income, at least in the case of Hornby are viable outcomes. This doeesn't eat into our cap and helps set them up for future careers opportunities
agree... any job within the club, even as one of those guys that go out to schools etc.. club ambassador or whatever they are called..
you would hope the club has looked into such options in case its needed..

ghostface

Juniors
jesus... you serious man??
or starting your own rumour....

Unfortunately im being serious. Im not sure about what the titans response was. Told by former titans staff who is now with a Sydney team. Same person also mentioned Sticky hasn't been approached by dragons management.

RedVee

First Grade
:x I reckon it's the 3 of those 3 things

No 1, I think.

I am aware we are making moves to sign Daniel Mortimer. He and his manager were recent guests at both Wollongong and Kogarah facilities and were impressed with our setup and culture.

Mort is contracted to the Roosters for 2013, but apparently we will be approaching them for an early release so he can join us next season. I believe the club is targeting him to play halfback.

That's all I know at this stage, source is one of his family members. Don't know if it will eventuate but if I hear any more I will post.

Gee, I hope not.

Fire

First Grade
Reading that interview yesterday I have a feeling Hornby will stand down and be offered a job. Price said "they'll both be at the club next year." Not "they'll be playing at the club next year." Hornby's body couldn't go through another pre-season anyway, he's already on restricted training some days. Don't know about Cooper.

I really can't see these two f**king the club over for a back-ended deal.

Mr Red

First Grade
lucky this is the rumours thread otherwise the club would be a laughing stock if there was a signing of Mortimer or Prince...

Mr Red

First Grade
What's the bet that the mortimer rumour becomes a reality...

hope not - he does not solve any of our current issues.
one good season (well actually half a season, they sucked the first half of the year) at parra when the whole team was riding on Haynes coat tails and done nothing since..
Price will have a lot to answer for if he sees mortimer as the answer to our half back crisis.

st.phil

Bench
Mortimer would be yet another scatter gun / depth signing - what happened to that young half from the Tigers we had apparently "all but signed"? Between sowie, kyle and even king we have better options in the halves than Mortimer (assuming Hornby steps down)

Mattfaz

Juniors
If true - very damaging.

If we had to backend contracts to get the 2010 team we had that won the comp I dont care. Best day ever.

I can suffer for a few years until we get back on track. Wont be long we'll be back to the top....

TheRev

First Grade
Mortimer.. hmmm... had so much potential in his first year and was an absolute balls-up in his second... but perhaps with the right coaching and some maturity... I saw him the other day (was it the roosters?) come off the bench I think, anyone know how hes going?

Prince would be a 1000x better signing though (obviously!).

64 Dragon

Coach
Scott Prince is 32. He is close to retiring. The Gold Coast suits him. Please let him spend the rest of his days there!

counterpuncher

Juniors
I know he has another 2 years contracted at the dogs, but Trent Hodkinson can't be the happiest camper at Belmore and will struggle to crack Reynolds and (sounds ridiculous) Keating.

Considering the Foran talk that went on there as well for a bit, he is dropping down the pecking order & could be just the disgruntled player to wave a carrot at.

Take him over Mortimer anyway....

64 Dragon

Coach
If he can't replace Keating, don't think much of him. Also, he has no pace. I reckon Hornby could outrun him.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
I don't think Mortimer would be a bad option. In 2009 he had a strong forward pack that provided him with gaps. He never had a decent pack since. I think he would be suited to us. Would give us some speed again and I think him and Soward would compliment well.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
Got this from the parra forum, thread sounds like no chance.

Originally Posted by FAT570
Heard an intresting rumour yesterday regarding our number 1
Apparently dragons are to make a big play for Hayne to take care of
their fullback woes.....
They have the $ and IF Soward does leave to England will have even more
to "battle" with us in negotiations.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Got this from the parra forum, thread sounds like no chance.

Originally Posted by FAT570
Heard an intresting rumour yesterday regarding our number 1
Apparently dragons are to make a big play for Hayne to take care of
their fullback woes.....
They have the $ and IF Soward does leave to England will have even more
to "battle" with us in negotiations.

Yeah, he was at St George Leagues Club with Johnathan Thurston, Cameron Smith, Ben Barba & Dave Taylor.

Fire

First Grade
There's no f**kwits at our club, they're all decent blokes and pretty well behaved. If we did get Mortimer maybe the likes of Morris, Nighty, Merrin, Creagh, Weyman, the Stanley's, Soward, even Big Dell (if he's still around) will be good mentors for him.

Latest posts