What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

RedVDave

First Grade
Geez just when I thought things could not get any worse unless he is paying us to play we are getting highly ripped off.

Mr Red

First Grade
I believe he did want him,he just wasn't prepared to pay the extra $100,000 a yr that Parra were willing to pay,I believe he is on approx $350,000 at the Eels.
correct it was all about the dollars.
Bennett has stated that he would never pay over 300k for a prop, and Parra offered Poore 350k a season..
since then Poore has done nothing, so i think his next contract would be well down on 350k, probably around the 180 - 200k mark, hence the interest again i guess.
and for Poore it would now be more about restarting his career rather then the cash...

KiamaSaint

Coach
Has there been many players that have returned to the Red V? Mark Gasiner... Anyone else??? Brad Mackay returned but that was because he was playing for the Steelers when the JV happened.

Mr Red

First Grade
Has there been many players that have returned to the Red V? Mark Gasiner... Anyone else??? Brad Mackay returned but that was because he was playing for the Steelers when the JV happened.

Mundine... he was at the broncos for 1 season 1997 before returning to the dragons in 1998.

and please lets not add Poore to that list...

Fire

First Grade
Lance Thompson came back, bought a Chinese restaurant, and turned it into a Bar and Grill joint :lol: Cheeky bugger, after the way he left, nice food though.

Elias1983

Coach
They won't give it to folkes.

They'll give it Daley or Barrett, they would want someone to continue the same road as Stuart did.

They won't start completely fresh IMO.