What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run Home Predictions

hindy111

Post Whore
Our last 6 games against top 8 sides is 2 wins and 4 losses.
One win was against 12 men Penrith missing their origin halves and centre. And the Roosters who by memory had no Keary,JWH or Radley. Also lost Butcher early.
Both those games we failed to score in the 2nd half.

I am sceptical about both those wins. Had Roosters been full strength and Penrith I dont see us winning. Its easy to chalk up those wins and beat our chests but reality is both missed 3 of their top shelf players. I agree we where on top against Penrith for the first 15mins but with 65mins to go it ridiculous to say we had already won the game prior to Cleary being sent.

And sure we did against Souths have no Moses. Huge out. But it isn't like he is a great defender. They piled on the points.

I feel we are all living in that Storm and Penrith win earlier in the season. They where excellent wins but a very long time ago.

So what happens now? Last year it was about now we clicked into gear. Is history about to repeat itself?

King-Gutho94

Coach
If Moses is back this week I think we settle down have a genuine chance at winning the last 3 games, but I still don’t think that will be enough to get us into the top 4 now.

I’ve got us finishing 5th and playing the broncos in first week of finals, panthers second week, sharks third week, Souths in the GF if we make it that far. We won’t be winning that GF though if that’s how it pans out.

Panthers
Sharks
Cowboys
Rabbits
Eels
Storm
Roosters
Broncos
Depends if Brisbane beat Melbourne this week then Top 4 is back on the table if we win our last 3.

But the problem is we haven't shown any sign we can perform for more then 2 games straight all season how is that going to change in the last 7 weeks of the season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Our last 6 games against top 8 sides is 2 wins and 4 losses.
One win was against 12 men Penrith missing their origin halves and centre. And the Roosters who by memory had no Keary,JWH or Radley. Also lost Butcher early.
Both those games we failed to score in the 2nd half.

I am sceptical about both those wins. Had Roosters been full strength and Penrith I dont see us winning. Its easy to chalk up those wins and beat our chests but reality is both missed 3 of their top shelf players. I agree we where on top against Penrith for the first 15mins but with 65mins to go it ridiculous to say we had already won the game prior to Cleary being sent.

And sure we did against Souths have no Moses. Huge out. But it isn't like he is a great defender. They piled on the points.

I feel we are all living in that Storm and Penrith win earlier in the season. They where excellent wins but a very long time ago.

So what happens now? Last year it was about now we clicked into gear. Is history about to repeat itself?
I wouldn't say we clicked we pulled out a great a performance against Melbourne on a 19 game winning streak who in hindsight were probably due for a loss.

And took Penrith to the wire.

Newcastle win was good enough but I wouldn't call it great.

We played better against Penrith and lost a week later.

2 good games out of our last 9 games.

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't say we clicked we pulled out a great a performance against Melbourne on a 19 game winning streak who in hindsight were probably due for a loss.

And took Penrith to the wire.

Newcastle win was good enough but I wouldn't call it great.

We played better against Penrith and lost a week later.

2 good games out of our last 9 games.

Yes Knights pushed us. I remember not being able to watch the last 5mins. We couldn't put them away. I did a walk around the block.

the phantom menace

First Grade
So after this round:

Penrith 38
NQ Cowboys 32 (+208)
CS Sharks 32 (+137) - points corrected, thanks @Ozzi_78
M Storm 30 (+211)
Souths 28 (+134)
Broncos 28 (+69)
Parra 28 (+28)
Roosters 26 (+121)
-
Raiders 24 (-29)

And maybe after next Round...:

Penrith 38 (loss to Souths?) - points corrected, thanks @Gary Gutful
NQ Cowboys 34 (win over NZ)
CS Sharks 34 (win at Manly)
M Storm 32 (win at Brisbane)
Souths 30 (win at Penrith?)
Parra 30 (win over Bulldogs)
Roosters 28 (win over Tigers)
Broncos 28 (loss to Storm)
-
Raiders 26 (win at Newcastle)

Come on Penrith next week!

Last edited:

eels_fan

First Grade
Souths will demolish Penrith as they did us.

roosters v storm and vs rabbits are big games for the top 4 and 8. If they win both we have a good chance at top 4 if we win all 3 games left. Conversely roosters could lose both those games and miss the finals with the raiders winning their games

Ozzi_78

First Grade
So after this round:

Penrith 38
NQ Cowboys 32 (+208)
M Storm 30 (+211)
CS Sharks 30 (+137)
Souths 28 (+134)
Broncos 28 (+69)
Parra 28 (+28)
Roosters 26 (+121)
-
Raiders 24 (-29)

Penrith 40 (loss to Souths?)
CS Sharks 32 (win at Manly)
Souths 28 (win at Penrith?)
-

Check sharks points mate.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I reckon Storm will be 4 points clear in 4th place coming into the final round, so thankfully for us they'll likely rest a few players... meaning we should limp into 7th, staring at a sudden death final against Brisbane or Souths 😲

eels_fan

First Grade
I reckon Storm will be 4 points clear in 4th place coming into the final round, so thankfully for us they'll likely rest a few players... meaning we should limp into 7th, staring at a sudden death final against Brisbane or Souths 😲
Storm will need to beat us for a top 4 spot, I don’t think there is any chance they are resting players. Not with Souths right on their tail

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So after this round:

Penrith 38
NQ Cowboys 32 (+208)
CS Sharks 32 (+137) - points corrected, thanks @Ozzi_78
M Storm 30 (+211)
Souths 28 (+134)
Broncos 28 (+69)
Parra 28 (+28)
Roosters 26 (+121)
-
Raiders 24 (-29)

Penrith 40 (loss to Souths?)
CS Sharks 34 (win at Manly)
Souths 30 (win at Penrith?)
-

You have Souths and Penrith both getting 2 points next week.

Chipmunk

Coach
From my quick look at the predictor, the most simplest scenario is that if both us and Roosters win all our remaining games then we will run 4th guaranteed.

There are other scenarios, where Panthers beat Souths, but Roosters lose to Souths, then we'd also finish 4th.

Fairly unlike at this stage, but not impossible.

Last edited:

the phantom menace

First Grade
Storm will need to beat us for a top 4 spot, I don’t think there is any chance they are resting players. Not with Souths right on their tail
If Storm beat Roosters, and Cowboys beat Souths at Townsville, then there's a 4 point break between Storm in 4th and whoever else in 5th going into the final round.