What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russel Crowe/Peter Homes a Court own the Rabbits

sydraider

First Grade
Big Bunny said:
No, George has stated that he is walking away from rugby league. Hopefully that means the leagues club as well.

Thats the best news league has had in the last 15 years!

Mr Saab

Referee
innsaneink said:
Couldnt see it anywhere else, surprisingly. Congrats Souths fans.

954 no
6,500 odd yes

I just hope people dont expect too much too soon.

where did you get those stats from?
there were not that many voters where there?

macavity

Referee
so Eddie McChinnie has picked the Bunnies as his team huh.

why didn't Mr Melbourne pick.... Melbourne?

Choppies

Coach
Good news for Souths good to see Georgie finally letting go. But I just can't see them surviving in Sydney. They will be on the CC. Quote me on that!

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
I must say I am surprised at this. I thought it would be defeated after speaking with 2 members who planned to vote against.

Well, look at how privatisation has improved Manly over the last few seasons. Good times ahead for Souths. Piggins gone is the best thing you could possibly wish too.

buster bunny

Juniors
Choppies said:
Good news for Souths good to see Georgie finally letting go. But I just can't see them surviving in Sydney. They will be on the CC. Quote me on that!

Souths cant move to the Coast without support of members after today. That aint gonna happen anytime soon!!!

OVP

Coach
Congrats Souths and welcome to the 21st century. I hope you experience the joy of having a professionally run club soon, after being treated so poorly for so long by a neanderthal-like management from Piggins and co in the past.

Speaking of Piggins ... he proved today that he never cared about Souths at all. He only cared about "The Piggins Way"... Do it my way or i'll get my goons on to you. Goodbye and good riddance you petty neanderthal thug. The members have spoken, and they dont want you to be a part of their future. How does it feel, George ? :lol:

Choppies

Coach
OVP said:
Speaking of Piggins ... he proved today that he never cared about Souths at all. He only cared about "The Piggins Way"... Do it my way or i'll get my goons on to you. Goodbye and good riddance you petty neanderthal thug. The members have spoken, and they dont want you to be a part of their future. How does it feel, George ? :lol:

The bloke was a dead set tool only worried about his power base.

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
where did you get those stats from?
there were not that many voters where there?

Off radio, I probably heard wrong....its probly 3,500 odd.

Was watching the footy and listening to the radio for news on this plus my son was jumping up and down with joy at ther news

Knightmare

Coach
This is the biggest day for Souths since July 6, 2001. I will be very interested to hear George's comments in the aftermath of this. Will he claim it's part of his theory that 'League has gone to the dogs'? Reading his book 'Never Say Die', there are some very interesting opinions he has of the current game, which don't seem to match up with what we're seeing on and off the field.

yobbo84

Coach
OVP said:
Congrats Souths and welcome to the 21st century. I hope you experience the joy of having a professionally run club soon, after being treated so poorly for so long by a neanderthal-like management from Piggins and co in the past.

As much as I hate to agree with a Sydney fan... I couldn't have said it better my self. Souths have finally entered the 21st century... now I look forward to a Souths v Easts centenary GF in 2008! Bring it!

Bumble

First Grade

innsaneink

Referee
mightybears said:
a 35 vote margin was the different-close
rusty could make a movie about it

LOL...."The quick and the Dead" was on TV1 at the time the news of the vote came thru.

the_quick_dead.jpg

Parra Guru

Coach
Best of luck Souths fans. Now hopefully your team can get on with playing footy. By the sounds of it, this pair will be doing a lot for improving Souths, not only with the playing standard and signings, but with general facilities for the players and the fans.

:thumb

Latest posts