What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Frank Facer

First Grade
If we lose Packer and Dugan the club should have a look at making a big play for Gagai and Asofa-Solomona. I know that Asofa will probably not leave Melbourne, but as we might see with Packer, money can talk.
Asofa-Solomona definitely. I would have signed Asofa last year. I would have him as a starting prop.

As for Gagai. I rate him very highly and think he would do well with us, but I don't think we have a need for him. Lafai and Milne would do me fine and with the likes of Lomax, Herbert and Garrick pushing for first grade we are very well stocked for centres.

Gareth67

First Grade
^ see how easy it is to make stuff up ;)

That's not very funny Jan ! I grabbed my steel-capped boots and ran outside and gave the nearest hog an almighty boot right up its backside , before I had read your next post .:pig:

Last edited:

Mark D

Juniors
So if Packer is off to the Tigers surely we have enough to keep Duges and resign Mann / Lafai ? Loosing Packer whilst sad to see the big fella go is probably the better result so long as we keep Dugan and Co... our forward stocks are strong enough...

dragon thomo

Juniors
I hope we keep Packer although $600 000 would pull it up for me.If not I agree with a earlier post that Solomona would be a good replacement.

OzDragon

Coach
+100k to go elsewhere with very little chance of winning the premiership with a very turbulent club

Or

-100k to stay but have a good chance of winning in a team that suits you well and gave you another chance at footy.

I know which one I'd choose!

Saintsified

Bench
You just described our club last four years. Thing can change quickly when you're 100k a year happier.

+100k to go elsewhere with very little chance of winning the premiership with a very turbulent club

Or

-100k to stay but have a good chance of winning in a team that suits you well and gave you another chance at footy.

possm

Coach

Or

Mary or Cleary? I know which I would choose.
This 'power game' plan is very tuff on the forwards.

possm

Coach
Enjoy reading your posts
It's all our fault, we just waited too long to do the deal. Tigers weren't after him in January 2017. Millward's back the front management has delivered the mess. There was no logical reason for delaying the extension of Packer.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Very sad if true.
The Dragons gave him a huge lifeline - I would of thought that is priceless .

Yes you would of thought so.
As l've said on other posts, you would have thought it would buy you a little bit of short term 'payback thank you' but unfortunately, any decency goes out the window cause the cop out is .......... "I have to look after my family............like, I can't survive on 3 million, I must have 4 million cause my wife needs a X5 to take the kids to school in and I need a new mustang to go to training and ......."

Ok, rant over.
I feel better now.
Where was l?
Oh yes, Bartender!!!!!!

Latest posts