What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Packer

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Would love him to stay, but no way on that coin. End of the day he is a prop. Will miss his mongrel though. Might need to send whoever he replaces to c$&t school. I miss Jeremy smith, costigan and weyman.

Do you mean Manly, Bulldogs??? ......... oh now l get it ...........The Melbourne Storm school.
Yeh, there ain't no bigger bunch than them.
In fact, you could call it The School of Cameron Smith.
He has no peer in that regard.

Jeremy Smith was a good hardman to have on board.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Packer first, Dugan next, then Milne, then Mann. Another 3 seasons of rebuilding coming up. Forget Graham he would be on more that Packer was after....Millward is incompetent

qld redvee

Juniors
well unfortunately league is now a business with little loyalty from both management or players so good luck to russell chasing the dollars . graham would be ideal but rumours say hes on close to the magic million so unafordable unless we lose dugan, What we dont want to do is buy a fringe first grader that will not enhance the playing roster but just take a cheaper junior out of reserves ( think lui etc) our young forwards are a bit too young at this stage so we need to buy experience , I dont really rate him but could greg eastwood be a viable alternative

possm

Coach
Bench of 4 hungry firebrands will do me next year...elevate Simms to front row..:

Lawrie
Ah Mau
Host
Sele or Leilua
Ah Mau is not a replacement, he is already one of the 3 props remaining. Of the others you mention, they are all entry level props not a hardened prop like Packer. By the way you left out Kerr who I'm tipping will do better than the others mention, including Ah Mau.

No it just wouldn't do unless the club has decided to dump Mary because Mary wants to play the power game and for that game you need 4 hardened props. We will have Vaughan, Ah Mau and Sims. I'm afraid we will need to bring in someone like James Graham to replace Packer. Graham is a seasoned international and a two year contract will see us through until the young props come of age.

possm

Coach
Packer first, Dugan next, then Milne, then Mann. Another 3 seasons of rebuilding coming up. Forget Graham he would be on more that Packer was after....Millward is incompetent
I'm thinking, while we have 'been waiting to sign Dugan first' both Milne and Packer the Tigers have snared Packer and Milne and the sharks seem to have 1m for a centre.

We will most probably end up losing Dugan and have a team full of juniors with a 3 year re-building project ahead of us and 2m cap space sitting there for 2018.

What a mess, I told you it would be a Mess. Remember Millward=Mess.

ALSGI

Bench
Ah Mau is not a replacement, he is already one of the 3 props remaining. Of the others you mention, they are all entry level props not a hardened prop like Packer. By the way you left out Kerr who I'm tipping will do better than the others mention, including Ah Mau.

No it just wouldn't do unless the club has decided to dump Mary because Mary wants to play the power game and for that game you need 4 hardened props. We will have Vaughan, Ah Mau and Sims. I'm afraid we will need to bring in someone like James Graham to replace Packer. Graham is a seasoned international and a two year contract will see us through until the young props come of age.
Wasn't Ryles 20 when he hit FG?

possm

Coach
Millward has been played stupid by Packer and Dugan's manager. This manager thinks that now that Packer has signed with the Tigers, the Dragons will throw in his salary to keep Dugan.

I say buy Hayne and Graham instead. Sign them both up asap.

Latest posts