What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russell Richardson

Where did Souths finish last year, Bring It?

He was a reserve grader for the worst team of the last 12 years. Do you wonder why the Sharks cut him and he wanted to move into an after footy venture?

Case closed really.

Sportsjock

Juniors
Andrew Johns, who one might suggest is a pretty decent judge of a footballer, wrote in his Sunday Tele column that Richardson had a very solid game and that he is excited to have him in the team this year...

I might go with Joey on this one. Regardless of where he played at Souths, Jason Death was also in reserve grade at that club , for whatever reasons... and Death is one of their few footballers who IS first grade and puts in 100% heart and guts every game.

So I wouldnt look too far into his South Sydney days Moo Cow...

As for his Cronulla days, he was let go due to constant injury, however while he was at the Sharks he was an AUSTRALIAN REPRESENTATIVE FOOTBALLER in a time where there was immense competition for centre spots.

Lets not forget this...

International footballer playing centre will do me - even if it was a few years ago , lets give him a go hey?!

roopy

Referee
It takes time to slot into the side.
For instance - towards the end of last season Kurt was looking to run down the left to link up with McDougal every time he could - but the other night he was camped on the right most of the night.
When he gets some faith in Richardson he will be looking to give him the ball as a first option - rather than a last resort - as it seemed the other night.
In other words - I think he was getting a few hospital passes the other day - but that won't always be the case.

antonius

Coach
roopy said:
It takes time to slot into the side.
For instance - towards the end of last season Kurt was looking to run down the left to link up with McDougal every time he could - but the other night he was camped on the right most of the night.
When he gets some faith in Richardson he will be looking to give him the ball as a first option - rather than a last resort - as it seemed the other night.
In other words - I think he was getting a few hospital passes the other day - but that won't always be the case.
On the money there Roopy on all counts. He is new to the side, and as mentioned he is a proven rep centre, given time to settle in he may end up being one of the buys of the year. I've seen Tahu drop more balls in a game than Richardson did on Friday, give the guy a chance.

Bluebag

Juniors
He finished in reserve grade at the sharks due to injury and at Souths lets just say politics is more important than anything else there. Given the professional standards at Newcastle and the quality players there I see him thriving, he is solid in defence and will get more opportunity to do something.At Souths because he was a big signing he was expected to be the saviour despite no quality half/5/8 no one thrives under that.

He is a class act on and off the field.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Danish Moo Cow said:
Where did Souths finish last year, Bring It?

He was a reserve grader for the worst team of the last 12 years. Do you wonder why the Sharks cut him and he wanted to move into an after footy venture?

Case closed really.
footy players don't play forever. He wanted a buissness, for when he retires. It's only clever.

Case closed you say. It's a good thing he didn't play for Australia, otherwise that case closed sentence you said would be idiotic.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Bluebag said:
He finished in reserve grade at the sharks due to injury and at Souths lets just say politics is more important than anything else there. Given the professional standards at Newcastle and the quality players there I see him thriving, he is solid in defence and will get more opportunity to do something.At Souths because he was a big signing he was expected to be the saviour despite no quality half/5/8 no one thrives under that.

He is a class act on and off the field.

Very well put!

It all makes perfect sence.

At cronulla he was having trouble with his left knee as it kept dislocating. He's got that fixed and is 100%. Great point with what you said about souths to.

Also don't forget over the last few years the knights have lost alot of speed. Alberts gone, macdougals gone, hughes has slowed down as well as o'davis. Russ is a touch slower then tahu, which is a great thing as tahu is the quickest player without a doubt.

Latest posts