What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson to Saints

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
The English ale has addled your brain Jimmy boy , halfback without a doubt !
Remember JDB played there also so that would undoubtedly be Mary’s thinking - if you can’t beat the opposite half with skill , just flatten the beggar with size . :lifter:

It’s curious you’ve referred to “grog” because my post was taking the piss. SGI desperately need...among many other things...a couple of established wingers.

It’s curious you’ve referred to “grog” because my post was taking the piss. SGI desperately need...among many other things...a couple of established wingers.
I agree wingers are a priority, but the midfield is as weak as it could be. It is difficult to recruit after such a woeful season. St George brand at the moment is somewhat tarnished which makes recruitment more difficult. The fullback position is also somewhat contentious. Along with the coach, the board and club management are responsible for the current position. Also in the forwards, Frizzell has become a one dimensional player. Tariq Sims was playing busted during most of the competition,

Slippery Morris

First Grade
T-Rex is a Mary special. He is the type of player Mary favours ahead of promising juniors. Lazy, unreliable and a 1 good game a season player. Geez I hope he does not read these forums as we have just given him an idea for his next Latimore replacement. Actually I think Mitchell Allgood will get that spot. Is he still at Saints?

Dragsters

First Grade
Peace be with you my follower. Actually my dragon mate tells me he will end up here or the Eels. Time will tell. Stay calm

Wow.

Here's me thinking the only 3 keys that work on your keyboard were CTRL & C & P.

Anyhow, Matterson must definitely be heading for the eels then, because you have told us 550-odd times that no-one is coming here...

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Justread he was at the Eels whilst Brad Arthur was there and got dropped to reserves. Had a fall out with the coach. Not sure if he would want to go back there.

Might be a couple of red flags there..........

Fallout with Tigers coach and now Parra coach?
Might have some attitude issues.
No good for us with McIdiot struggling to add 1 + 1 and having no plan B.
Probably throw him under the bus after round 2.

Belta

Juniors
I don’t want to quash anyone’s dreams, but many of our rumoured signings are players who are too far up the food chain.

We would be better served discussing left overs, bottom feeders, Silvermans, and/or No ones.

Old Timer

Coach
Matterson’s issue is money not the coach
So more likely we take Packer back at more than he was on when he left to free up money for Tigpies to retain Matterson.
After all Packer has had nearly all year to rest up to become a battering ram again.

hazzbeen

Bench
Might be a couple of red flags there..........

Fallout with Tigers coach and now Parra coach?
Might have some attitude issues.
No good for us with McIdiot struggling to add 1 + 1 and having no plan B.
Probably throw him under the bus after round 2.
I think we need to trade in the bus , for a Semi Trailer , it seems to be getting crowded under the bus ......

I'd prefer Kyle Turner to Matterson. Off contract and, apparently, released by the Bunnies and more likely to fall in the Dragons radar as he is an established player.
He might not be a world-beater, but has a high work-rate and wouldn't do us any harm.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Seriously folks, we are more chance of getting his Uncle Terry whom retired in 1998. Nobody of worth will want to come near our Peanut coach & Blocked Pathways Director!

BLM01

First Grade
I'd prefer Kyle Turner to Matterson. Off contract and, apparently, released by the Bunnies and more likely to fall in the Dragons radar as he is an established player.
He might not be a world-beater, but has a high work-rate and wouldn't do us any harm.
Let me get this correct you prefer Kyle Turner who has had limited impact since his ongoing neck injuries over Matterson. OMG...He would have less impact at our club as Mary would put him in the middle. And we have plenty of supposedly hard working edge and middle forwards. Just need to be playing in their rightful position. We need some skill and flair and someone prepared to play footy..just not Dragons Footy.

Latest posts