What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan Matterson to Saints

Let me get this correct you prefer Kyle Turner who has had limited impact since his ongoing neck injuries over Matterson. OMG...He would have less impact at our club as Mary would put him in the middle. And we have plenty of supposedly hard working edge and middle forwards. Just need to be playing in their rightful position. We need some skill and flair and someone prepared to play footy..just not Dragons Footy.

Well, I think that part of his problem is that he wants to play finals football, which rules out a move to the Dragons, wouldn't you say?

watatank

Coach
Kyle Turner used to be good but I think that was a few concussions and injuries ago.

Matterson would be a great buy for any team. Roosters would have been better off keeping him instead of buying crichton. Anyway all that interest in the league will mean he's not coming to us.

possm

Coach
The question is, who are we trying replace?

If it is De Belin then it must be an SOO quality player.
If it is Graham, then it should have been RCG but now a top grade prop.

For depth we already have young forwards available such as:
Kerr
Timm
Leilua
Ford
Blacker

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The question is, who are we trying replace?

If it is De Belin then it must be an SOO quality player.
If it is Graham, then it should have been RCG but now a top grade prop.

For depth we already have young forwards available such as:
Kerr
Timm
Leilua
Ford
Blacker
Matterson was in origin camp, he’s definitely origin quality, if jack gets locked up which I hope not, he is the best available player. Issue is that by the time Jacks case is decided no one will be available.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Was reported on talkin Sport 2SM today that Saints, Parra and Warriors looking at Ryan Matterson. Ryan has has a fall out with Madge at the Tigers.

Would be a good replacement for JDB but I can see him ending up at Eels or Warriors.

My mail is that he never wanted to leave the Roosters and hates the Tigers coaching set up. How many good players can the Eels sign?

possm

Coach
Matterson was in origin camp, he’s definitely origin quality, if jack gets locked up which I hope not, he is the best available player. Issue is that by the time Jacks case is decided no one will be available.
For me it should be Frizell to lock, Ford to the right edge, Leilua to bench.

Vaughan
McInnes
Graham/Timms
T Sims
Ford
Frizell

K Sims
Kerr
Laurie
Leilua

We just need a new coach to make it all work.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
For me it should be Frizell to lock, Ford to the right edge, Leilua to bench.

Vaughan
McInnes
Graham/Timms
T Sims
Ford
Frizell

K Sims
Kerr
Laurie
Leilua

We just need a new coach to make it all work.
I’d have Ford on the bench he’s really quite fast, he’d be a good backup outside back option and provide impact off the bench at the back end of games with his speed and footwork.

denis preston

First Grade
RCG is in that group of players who are playing way way under their cap payments. Johnson, Packer, Dugan, Hunt, Milford,Ash Taylor etc. There would be about 20 players getting paid over 600k that are clogging lists up. Notice that Melbourne , Roosters, Manly & to some extent Souths aren't one of these sides, I wonder why ?? !!!

TruSaint

Referee
Simple...Excellent coaching staff...put any of the players you listed in their systems and watch them flourish.

Yeah its that simple. It really is.

Given equal pay, would one rather be coached by say Bellamy, Bennett, Robinson or Mary ? In fact, I would suggest unless we pay massive overs, players with potential will avoid us like the plague.